The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Correct.... I might go but have zero desire to stand behind a bar and pour all night

If you come, I'll buy you as many beers as you'd like!
(PS don't tell him they are free).

I saw those things at Masstoberfedt

Shhh. What happen at Masstoberfest says at Masstoberfest.

Let's get together on June 21 or 22- I miss all of my Masshole friends.

I’ll be in France. I kind of owed Alice another vacation since she spent five days of her last one sleeping on a cot in a Mexican hospital.

Some people will do ANYTHING to avoid being on a desert island with you.

Poor alice- that sounds like a horrible experience for her.

Where are you going? I have never been to the French countryside, and I'd like to do that sometime. I have so many things on my bucket list that I'll never get to, but it's nice to think about!

Thanks Yoop... we’re still trying to figure out what we want to do for the whole thing.

Our taproom is only a hair over 20 min from Providence and we’re thinking about doing some kind of event (AHA is asking breweries to do that sort of stuff as well). Discounting beer in any way is illegal in Mass so we can do a “come grab a free pint” deal or anything like that... but maybe a cookout “for AHA members” or something like that.

We’ll see.

Nice. I kept on telling to go do something but she insisted. I think she was hoping to see me explode in the decompression chamber. God knows she took enough pictures of my arse asleep inside the thing. That and knitted. So you can see why I owe her.

We're going to Alsace, over to the east of Paris. Fly into Paris, first day or two in Reims, the home of champagne, then Alsace for a week for the Rieslings and Gewertz. Al is halfway through her Master Sommalier courses, she says with a straight face that we're going there "for research."

She can take all the notes she wants. I don't intend to be slowed down by such detail. I'm not some highbrow expert. I'm just burdened with the curse of the Irish. Thirst.

Some people put too many chemicals in their lawns. Anyway, with this cold wet spring you should get good germination without having to water too much.

Yard work wise, I still have not done a fall clean up on my own place, and the driveway is full of bark and chips from dropping a couple big oaks this winter.

Seem to have a mental block for working on my yard, and I won't use the crew here when we are buried with paying work.

Really got to be careful burning that stuff. Have heard you can even get it in your lungs. The live vine wood has more of the active irritant than even fresh leaves, kind of pays to be able to ID them year round.

Best way to deal with it is selectively spray green leaves with glyphosate (round up) when they have achieved full size. Then let vine decay in place, at least for a season, to let the oils dissipate. Don't just spray whole area for a number of reasons, but get some on as many PI leaves as you can see.

Tecnu "extreme" is somewhat effective for dealing with it once you have rash. Of course there are more extreme measures than that.

fwiw, Big Brew Day at Strangebrew tomorrow. Probably gonna be a soggy start to it, but on the up side the brew pub is coming along (saw a pair of freshly refurbed full size pool tables there yesterday) and there should be plenty on tap...

Cheers

Brian and his business partner (name escapes me) think they'll be pretty much up and running in a couple of weeks. I dunno, there's plumbing involved and for some reason that seems to progress at a more glacial pace. We'll see.

I just hope they get their homebrew ingredients stock back up to functional levels...

Back