Ever see a pair like this?? - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Beginners Beer Brewing Forum > Ever see a pair like this??

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 02-24-2011, 04:11 AM   #1
haeffnkr
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
St Peters Mo, MISSOURI
Posts: 428
Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts



You all probably have....but these are mine.
Been working on getting my all grain stuff setup for too long now...

Some day I actually hope to use these.




 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:18 AM   #2
lumpher
Recipes 
 
Jul 2009
texas
Posts: 5,070
Liked 267 Times on 228 Posts


all those miller lite and shiner bock packs in the background... reminds me of my neighbors before i showed then what beer tastes like
__________________
There is no "i" in denial.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:20 AM   #3
strat_thru_marshall
 
strat_thru_marshall's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Oklahoma City
Posts: 1,641
Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by lumpher View Post
all those miller lite and shiner bock packs in the background... reminds me of my neighbors before i showed then what beer tastes like
not to mention the Mich Ultra...ack!

Whats stopping you from firing up the turkey burner and putting those keggles to work???

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:26 AM   #4
jbrookeiv
Crafted Magazine
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
jbrookeiv's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Asheville, North Carolina
Posts: 1,345
Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by strat_thru_marshall View Post
not to mention the Mich Ultra...ack!

Whats stopping you from firing up the turkey burner and putting those keggles to work???
No kidding. BIAB, anyone?
__________________
My publication: Crafted Magazine, dedicated to handcrafted goods with a big focus on Made in USA. We cover craft beer, bikes, coffee, music, etc.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Homebrewtastic View Post
I think a more pertinent question is where is AB and Miller Coors getting all of their horse urine?
Primary: Session IPA | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP510 and strawberries | Fresh Pressed Cider w/ WLP002 and dry hops

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:33 AM   #5
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Golddiggie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Posts: 11,995
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts


How much abuse has the keggle on the left had to make it more square than round??

Mich Ultra what?? So many possibilities with that question...
__________________
Hopping Tango Brewery

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:42 AM   #6
haeffnkr
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
St Peters Mo, MISSOURI
Posts: 428
Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts


wow...tough crowd !

Wife likes mic ultra, the closer to water the better for her.
I like Miller Lite, but other stuff to.

I have a 9 month old, a 2 year/9 month old and a wife.... finding time for this new hobby is tough.
That is why I have not fired up the burner yet...that and I still need to get my mash tun cooler finished and my immersion chiller.

I have 2 - 7 gallon carboys, 4 cornies, co2 and barley crusher.... probably more stuff I bought and put somewhere.

Yes that one keg has had the sh!t kicked out of it.. I bought the pair as is...I figured it would get me down the road a ways...it is ugly though and the bottom is as bent up as the sides.

thanks Kevin

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:53 AM   #7
Golddiggie
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
 
Golddiggie's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2010
Posts: 11,995
Liked 496 Times on 431 Posts


Sounds like someone took that one keg to a mosh-pit or something...

Just because you have a couple of kids, and a wife, doesn't mean you can neglect brewing...

BTW, I would keep the info about actually liking miller lite on the DL if I was you... Actually, if I was you, I wouldn't go near lite beer with my landlord's d**k...

7 gallon carboy?? Not seen one of those.. 6.5 gallon, yes, but not 7.

So you have plenty of gear to have a least 2-6 batches of brew running at any time... So get hopping Homer... Give those yeasties some viagra and let them loose. Time for them to make 'happy juice'...
__________________
Hopping Tango Brewery

跟猴子比丟屎 ・ Gun HOE-tze bee DIO-se

On Tap: Caramel Ale, Mocha Porter II, MO SMaSH IPA
Waiting/Carbonating: 12.5% Wee Honey II, 8.9% Old Ale, English Brown Ale, Lickah ESB, Mocha Porter II
Fermenting
K1:
K2: Epic mead
K3: TripSix
On Deck: Caramel Ale
Aging:mead
Mead [bottled]:Oaked Wildflower Traditional, Mocha Madness, Blackberry Melomel, maple wine

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 04:53 AM   #8
SumnerH
Recipes 
 
Feb 2009
Alexandria, VA, USA
Posts: 2,057
Liked 31 Times on 27 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by haeffnkr View Post
wow...tough crowd !

Wife likes mic ultra, the closer to water the better for her.
I like Miller Lite, but other stuff to.

I have a 9 month old, a 2 year/9 month old and a wife.... finding time for this new hobby is tough.
That is why I have not fired up the burner yet...that and I still need to get my mash tun cooler finished and my immersion chiller.

I have 2 - 7 gallon carboys, 4 cornies, co2 and barley crusher.... probably more stuff I bought and put somewhere.

Yes that one keg has had the sh!t kicked out of it.. I bought the pair as is...I figured it would get me down the road a ways...it is ugly though and the bottom is as bent up as the sides.

thanks Kevin
Keggles always look like **** compared to real pots. But who cares? They work okay, and that's what matters--build yourself a setup where you can make good beer. The appearance is far less important than what you can do with it.

All things being equal, having a bunch of shiny Blichmans would kick ass. But a couple of ugly but workable keggles that can make legit 10 gallon batches are a much nicer setup than some shiny but tiny 7 gallon pots.
__________________
On deck: Little Bo Pils, Bretta Off Dead (Brett pale)
Secondary: Oude Bruin, Red Sky at Morning (Sour brown ale)
On tap: Saison Duphunk (sour), Amarillo Slim (IPA), Earl White (ginger/bergamot wit)
Bottled: Number 8 (Belgian Strong Dark Ale), Eternale (Barleywine), Ancho Villa (Ancho/pasilla/chocolate/cinnamon RIS), Oak smoked porter (1/2 maple bourbon oaked, 1/2 apple brandy oaked)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:05 AM   #9
haeffnkr
Recipes 
 
Jan 2010
St Peters Mo, MISSOURI
Posts: 428
Liked 25 Times on 22 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Golddiggie View Post

BTW, I would keep the info about actually liking miller lite on the DL if I was you... Actually, if I was you, I wouldn't go near lite beer with my landlord's d**k...

7 gallon carboy?? Not seen one of those.. 6.5 gallon, yes, but not 7.

:
hm... what kind of beer tdo you like then? Please show me the way.


They might be 6.5, probably so... I forgot already...bought them a while ago on ebay.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 02-24-2011, 05:08 AM   #10
strat_thru_marshall
 
strat_thru_marshall's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Mar 2010
Oklahoma City
Posts: 1,641
Liked 31 Times on 25 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by haeffnkr View Post
hm... what kind of beer tdo you like then? Please show me the way.


They might be 6.5, probably so... I forgot already...bought them a while ago on ebay.
is the mash tun all you're lacking? sounds like you're getting close, have a recipe planned?

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
What Malt Extract To Pair with Mr. Beer Kits. Monkey55 Beginners Beer Brewing Forum 4 09-25-2010 06:10 PM


Forum Jump