The [Horribly Unpopular] Soccer Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Scouser mate and I were discussing predictions.

I suspect City and Liverpool will vie for 1st and 2nd (although I think City will steamroll again). Chelsea and Spurs will fight over 3rd and 4th. Moanrinho will cause a mutiny (as he always does after a few seasons) and Man U drop to 5th/6th (and Mourinho sacked at the end), and Everton/Arsenal fight over 6th/7th (or 5th if ManUre really balls it).
CPFC will be 10th, lol!

DkLaUKxX0AQPeIc.jpg
whatever_emoji_zpsrnzaiw1i.jpg

And hey, unless Inter whomps Atleti today we'll "win" the ICC.

There IS a trophy for that lmao

Edit: tomorrow? Saturday? Is that tomorrow. I have no idea where I am. This week's been a blur.

Last edited:
Lovely to see another ex-Chelsea player scoring goals for fun while Chelsea strikers can't score even if they had a pocket full for money in a New Orleans Cat House - hopefully Petr Cech will score a goal for Chelsea this weekend like he tried to do for Man Citeh

Well got to watch Sonny finally earn his military exemption for free on YouTube. Easily the most important match of the day. South Korea beat Japan in the Asia Games final 2-1 after extra time.

How soon before Mourinho is sacked?

And what a "meh" Champions League draw. Apart from a single really weak group, very balanced overall, no real groups of death. Some say Spurs have the worst group of EPL sides. Maybe. Barca will be ****ing hard but we did Madrid and BVB last time and came out on top, and our B side held its own against their B side in preseason. Inter will be a test but doable, and Eindhoven is laughable.

Based on the last two weeks, maybe City is a juggernaut no more.

Yedlin does something right for a change.

Also it's been awfully quiet in here since USMNT failed to qualify for World Cup...

Mate and I have been floating theories about Dempsey's sudden retirement.

Last edited:
Maybe he's just going out before he becomes embarrassing.
Eh, he was still good enough and this was too sudden for that alone.

No secret that some lower back issue forced him down the pecking order. And others beyond myself purported that as a reason for the blindsiding retirement.

Or maybe you're right. No one seems to know for sure. Or at least no one is willing to say so.

I won't lie, I will be hoping for a draw at Wembley but a win by spuds wouldn't hurt much either - add that w/ a win by Chelsea & guess would be on Top of Table :rock:

O..m..g..
There is a Football thread on a homebrew site?
How have i not seen this thread before?
I must be in heaven.
Arsenal tragic since 98'.
beer tragic since 02'.
Saw the King on his return.
Had more hair back then.
IMG_0814.JPG

O..m..g..
There is a Football thread on a homebrew site?
How have i not seen this thread before?
I must be in heaven.
Arsenal tragic since 98'.
beer tragic since 02'.
Saw the King on his return.
Had more hair back then.
View attachment 589274

Welcome, even if ya are a gooner. :)

memo to skraeling:
I know you are happy that St Louis FC made it into the USL Playoffs, but I want to let you know the joy will be temporary. STL will coming to the Indomitable City where The Mighty Sac Republic calls home - this won't be fun - this won't be pretty - it will be hard & dirty - so Prepare!!!

He's Juan of our own!

Kid has a long way to go, but glad to see Foyth get a goal. And good to see Sissoko be one of our best lately (though perhaps that speaks more to others not being their usual level than it does to him). He was arguably one of our best today in an otherwise sh*** performance where I'm thankful we got an undeserved result.

Beating Barca at Camp Nou will be a tall order.

But we took a point from Real Madrid at the Bernabeu last year, so it's not impossible.

Better than relying on PSV Eindhoven to get a result against Inter.

Also Robbie Keane has fully retired.

COYS

Last edited:
Perspective. Chelsea, then a must win against Inter. Arsenal got to play the lads in Europa. Spurs were clearly both mentally and physically tired.

I'm more upset by the now former Spurs supporter who threw a banana peel at Aubameyang (and deservedly has been banned for life). Leave that kind of behavior to the West Ham and Chelsea supporters. Dammit we're better than that.

Back