How many gallons of EdWort's Apfelwein have been made?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
How about 20K on January 24'th. :drunk:

Paul

its possible. i have 4 carboys and 1 ready to be cleared this weekend so i could be down for 25 gallons more. haha hrmm come to think of it i think i just may have to get a couple of those 15 gallon lme containers and start a couple batchs in there.

10.5 gallons more!

10,035.5 + 10.5 = 10,046

Even registered to post this :tank:

Just realized that Sam's sells Tree Top and Member's Mark apple juice: And the latter is only in 96oz containers and not gallon containers :( Cheaper to go with tree top!

I got 5 going here.

10,046 + 5 = 10,051

I used Mott's. It was on sale at Tom Thumb. 2x64 for $3. Tree Top was 1 gallon for $5.

$2.49 for 2.5 lbs of corn sugar a LHBS. 79 cents for yeast. It's bubbling away.

10,061 + 3 = 10,064

Wife cleared the store shelf of apple juice, but only came home with 3 gallons for me.:mad:

Didn't feel like waiting so threw a batch into a 3 gallon carboy. :eek:

I applaud you LayMeister, great job with the graph! I also second the motion to make January 24th Ed Wort's Apfelwine Day.

Here, Here. And seeing that this is the World Wide Web it should be an International Holiday! Followed up by the 25th, which will also be needed for recovery. And possibly the 26th for those poor saps that live on the wrong side of the Dateline. Or maybe the 24th IDK. All in favor, .......I.:mug:

I am 2 weeks in on my first 5 gallons. Thinking of starting another 5 gallons before this one is even done. Just from everyone else posts.

Bottled first batch last night. Best tasting, pre-carbonated, room temp brew I've ever had. Thanks Ed!

It was so good, that I went out and bought the stuff for a second batch and got it in the carboy last night.

10105 + 5 = 10110

my first batch started bubbling yesterday morning.

guess that makes 10115

to EdWort! :mug:

I just drank the last of my batch tonight :mug: , so thats 10120. Thanks Ed, I'll be making some more here soon.

16 gallons last night, and more than a few funny looks wheeling two carts full of apple juice out of the store. The best was the cashier's dumb comment - "gonna be drinking a lot of apple juice, huh?" and being able to answer with just "Nope".

This brings the total to 10153.5

+10

I was going to stagger the nutrients, added some nutrient to some fermenting apfelwein and it fizzed all over the closet. Anyone else have this happen:(

Back