Belgian Blond Ale Revvy's Belgian Blonde (Leffe Clone) - Page 6 - Home Brew Forums

Register Now!
Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > Belgian Blond Ale Revvy's Belgian Blonde (Leffe Clone)

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 08-12-2011, 12:21 PM   #51
Akavango
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Cork, Cork
Posts: 439
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts


That is very reassuring, Emptied the bucket a bit and could not believe the taste had changed in four days, this beer will be great once ready.

How long did you keep it in bottle or keg before drinking it?

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 12:44 PM   #52
scadieux
Recipes 
 
Mar 2011
Montreal, Quebec
Posts: 37
Liked 3 Times on 3 Posts


No worries. Happened to me a lot before I eventually switch to blow off tubes for peace of mind. If it spilled outside, that means you have positive pressure from the inside, so that much lessens the chance of something nasty getting in. And anyway, by now fermentation is very active so risk of infections are low. Don't worry about yeast neither. There is a HUGE amount left, probably 99.9% of it.
That beer will be awesome.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-12-2011, 03:11 PM   #53
usfmikeb
 
usfmikeb's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2011
Leesburg, Virginia
Posts: 3,148
Liked 238 Times on 201 Posts


That abbey ale is a very prolific yeast, it sent a lot of material thru my blow off tube.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 08-13-2011, 07:01 PM   #54
Akavango
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Cork, Cork
Posts: 439
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by scadieux View Post
No worries. Happened to me a lot before I eventually switch to blow off tubes for peace of mind. If it spilled outside, that means you have positive pressure from the inside, so that much lessens the chance of something nasty getting in. And anyway, by now fermentation is very active so risk of infections are low. Don't worry about yeast neither. There is a HUGE amount left, probably 99.9% of it.
That beer will be awesome.
Thanks I like to read that. This is only my second brew so everything is new and bewildering. I appreciate your feedback and assistance.
Cheers
__________________
4499L brewed since August 2011.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:36 PM   #55
Akavango
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Cork, Cork
Posts: 439
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts


Just put the leffe in the bottles, thanks revvy for the great recipe. It is very close to the real thing. Now off to the pub for a real one. Will brew another one of leffe tomorrow.
__________________
4499L brewed since August 2011.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:48 PM   #56
bmason1623
 
bmason1623's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Sep 2010
Chicago, IL
Posts: 2,836
Liked 151 Times on 118 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Akavango
Just put the leffe in the bottles, thanks revvy for the great recipe. It is very close to the real thing. Now off to the pub for a real one. Will brew another one of leffe tomorrow.
What yeast did you use? Mine still needs another 2 weeks in the fermenter before I can bottle it. I'm glad to hear that it tastes very close to the real thing. Keep us updated.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2011, 06:59 PM   #57
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Revvy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Posts: 40,921
Liked 3189 Times on 1884 Posts


Akavango I'm really honored to to have my beer brewed on the Emerald Isles!!!
__________________
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:17 AM   #58
Akavango
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Cork, Cork
Posts: 439
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by Revvy View Post
Akavango I'm really honored to to have my beer brewed on the Emerald Isles!!!
And by a Belgian expat... Now when i drink a leffe I call it a clone of the beer i brewed... Thanks man!
__________________
4499L brewed since August 2011.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-04-2011, 07:18 AM   #59
Akavango
Recipes 
 
Aug 2011
Cork, Cork
Posts: 439
Liked 17 Times on 13 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by bmason1623 View Post
What yeast did you use? Mine still needs another 2 weeks in the fermenter before I can bottle it. I'm glad to hear that it tastes very close to the real thing. Keep us updated.

Sent from my SGH-T959 using Home Brew Talk
I used WLP 530, it was very active for 3 weeks. Enjoy your beer.
__________________
4499L brewed since August 2011.


 
Reply With Quote
Old 09-17-2011, 07:01 PM   #60
Revvy
Post Hoc Ergo Propter Hoc
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
Revvy's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Dec 2007
"Detroitish" Michigan
Posts: 40,921
Liked 3189 Times on 1884 Posts


I'm brewing a slightly modified version of this tomorrow. I basically just rounded up my grainbill.
__________________
Like my snazzy new avatar? Get Sons of Zymurgy swag, here, and brew with the best.

Revvy's one of the cool reverends. He has a Harley and a t-shirt that says on the back "If you can read this, the bitch was Raptured. - Madman

I gotta tell ya, just between us girls, that Revvy is HOT. Very tall, gorgeous grey hair and a terrific smile. He's very good looking in person, with a charismatic personality... he drives like a ****ing maniac! - YooperBrew

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
Leffe clone/Belgian blonde--appropriate body, mash temp? fearwig Recipes/Ingredients 0 01-10-2014 07:51 PM
Leffe clone/Belgian blonde--appropriate body, mash temp? fearwig Recipes/Ingredients 0 01-10-2014 07:47 PM
Leffe clone/Belgian blonde--appropriate body, mash temp? fearwig Recipes/Ingredients 0 01-10-2014 07:44 PM
Leffe Blonde Clone DrDuckbutter Homebrew Ale Recipes 16 10-29-2012 08:41 PM
Leffe Blonde Clone aidanfriesen123 Recipes/Ingredients 4 03-14-2010 07:06 PM


Forum Jump