Good Extract Porter Kit?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Polkahero

Reaction score
Looking to brew a porter kit next, any opinions on Midwest Brewing's Porter kit? I'm looking for something not too robust. Any offerings from Austin or Northern that I should consider? Thanks!

I had the 50 cent a beer brown porter from MB. pretty good, kinda chocolate foreward young and tasty with some age.:mug:

I've made the St.Paul Porter 3 times and I just can't say how nice it's turned out every time. I just finished my last bottle of the first batch from Sept of last year. Really nice. I'll pour one in a glass and enjoy another beer while it has time to breath a little. Really pondering trying a bourbon stout this winter and the comments on that kind of brew is certainly tempting.:mug:

I like the AHS Robust Porter. It was the house Porter at Lovejoys in Austin.

http://www.austinhomebrew.com/product_info.php?products_id=308

Comment by Paul P on Friday 01 October, 2010
I brewed the partial mash and I think that this is an excellent beer. I will be keeping this around for the cooler season of beer drinking since it is not really a summer beer.

Comment by David L on Tuesday 07 September, 2010
I've made the robust porter several times and it's one of my favorites.

Comment by Roger C on Thursday 15 November, 2007
excellent! Sorry I'm not a better reviewer. Very smooth.

Ive got AHS Vanilla Porter in the fermenter now. cant wait to bottle and try it. But tastes from the hydrometer sample taste fantastic. And that is with out the Vanilla.

I have brewed the Bourbon Barrel Porter from NB and it is awsome. But it takes a good year to age.

I have also done the Toasted Coconut Porter from Austin = Amazing!!!!

I've got the St. Paul Porter in the secondary now, I've never made it before but I've heard good things and it smells great.

+1 for NB's St. Paul Porter. I added some quick oats 8-10oz. and it gave it a great silky mouthfeel. Mmmmmm.......

Latest posts

Back