Build A Outdoor Sink!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Nova5

Reaction score
Replaced a laundry sink at my mothers house, so i kept the old beat up one to use outside where its only going to be made to suffer more.

Here is the base and two legs attached.
base.jpg

legs, and top support structure is on.
structure.jpg

Sheeted the sides.
sided.jpg

Sheeted the rear and, double sheeted the top, cut the sink hole and dropped the sink in.
sinked.jpg

And its an easy swap from a variable sprayer to a jet bottle washer.
sprayed.jpg

jetted.jpg

I still have to hook up the drain pipe to the discharge hose so i can run it to a nearby drain when used or roll up and stash in the base when not in use. And make up the ends to the vinyl hose for water supply. Might install a pair of wheels to make it mobile if i need to.

I've got a double stainless steel kitchen sink, complete with faucet and sprayer.

What I want to do is make it portable. A wood or stainless frame, with wheels. I'm gonna put a garden hose reel on the back with my RV hose.

I've got a double stainless steel kitchen sink, complete with faucet and sprayer.

What I want to do is make it portable. A wood or stainless frame, with wheels. I'm gonna put a garden hose reel on the back with my RV hose.

I made one out of PVC pipe once. Used T's and elbows and pipe. No glue. Then I could set it up and take it down every time we went camping. It was a small stainless bar sink and the pvc as only 1/2" but I would imagine you could use 3/4" or 1" if need be for a heavier sink.

The brass elbow before the jet bottle washer is a valve, and the big sprayer's red slide switch is its valve. if I have need to change them I need to shut off the house outside spigot it will get its water supply from.

Looks like great idea, I have saved a old S.S. sink now I see a use for it. Now the wifey wont yell that I am making a mess in the kitchen. This will work good for the summer/fall times here in Michigan.

Looks like great idea, I have saved a old S.S. sink now I see a use for it. Now the wifey wont yell that I am making a mess in the kitchen. This will work good for the summer/fall times here in Michigan.

It'll be perfect for washing up after working on the car, or anything else i'd rather not wash up in the kitchen.

I have to wash up a bunch of bottles tomorrow. just have to make up the sink connection.

Yeah, my goal is to move completely out of the kitchen, too.

Currently, I still heat water and do some cleaning there, but both those are being worked on.

Back