First Brew-Day 4 does this look right/sound right?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

earwig

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
I put this batch (my first) into the fermenter on Friday around 10pm. It stopped bubbling yesterday sometime while I was at work. Original gravity was at 1.050 and I tested today and it is at 1.020 so I know as far as the hyrometer readings go I'm ok. What I am wondering about is how it looks... I don't see any foam or thick stuff on top of the brew like I thought there was supposed to be... does this look normal? Thank you!

irishstoutd4.jpg

RDWHA... Craft brew... All is fine and looks perfectly normal...Now put the lid back on and leave it alone for another 2 weeks!

Thanks, one more quick question... I had spring water in the airlock (not sanitized) and when I took the lid off some of it went into the brew... would that screw it up? could enough bacteria grow on the spring water in 4 days kill it? Thanks again.

that's extremely unlikely.

also for future reference use sanitizer water or cheap vodka in your air bubbler

i mean i guess you could use expensive vodka but then you're just being a snob :f

Latest posts

Back