So, I've been reading through my Johnson Controls A419 manual and I want to make sure I'm understanding my terms. Would some of you more "tech minded" folks out there help me understand what some terms mean? Please use small words.
I've put what I think they mean, but I'm probably wrong. So, what do the following terms mean as it relates to the Johnson Controller when it is COOLING MODE:
- Setpoint (The temperature the controller will either turn the freezer's compressor on or off depending on whether I've got it set for cut-in or cut-out)
- Cut-in (Turn the freezer's compressor ON)
- Cut-out (Turn the freezer's compressor OFF)
- Cut-in at Setpoint (Once the freezer's internal temperature hits the setpoint temperature, the controller will turn the compressor ON and will keep it on until the freezer's internal temperature DROPS to the setpoint MINUS the differential)
- Cut-out at Setpoint (Once the freezer's internal temperature hits the setpoint temperature, the controller will turn the compressor OFF and will keep it OFF until the freezer's internal temperature RISES to the setpoint PLUS the differential)
- Differential (The difference between the temperature I want freezer's internal temperature to be and the temperature the controller will allow +/-)
- Anti-Short Cycle Delay (The time allowed in between control cycles)
- Output Relay Energized (The controller keeps the freezer ON if there's an issue)
- Output Relay De-Energized (The controller keeps the freezer OFF if there's an issue)
- Close the Normally Open Contacts (Close the circuit and thus turn the system ON)
- Open the Normally Open Contacts (Keep the circuit open and thus keep the system OFF)
Also, here are the settings I'm using currently:
Setpoint - 55 degrees
Differential - 3
Auto-Short Cycle Delay - 1
Temperature Offset - 0
Sensor Failure Operation - 0
Jumper Settings - Default
I don't know what my jumper settings actually are as the settings. I can't seem to find what the default setting is. But I didn't change them.
Are there any changes I should make? Also, like I said, I left the jumpers in the default position. Should I change them? I using this as a keezer not for fermentation.