Lost confidence in BEER Magazine - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Community > Drunken Ramblings and Mindless Mumbling > Lost confidence in BEER Magazine

Old 09-20-2009, 12:19 PM   #1
Benjibbad
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Riverview, FL
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Was perusing one at the local bookery when I noticed they did a feature on "pour of the month" essentially a hot girl working the the beer industry. On her profile her leat fav beer is "dark" and fav beer is "bud light" I don't care how hot she is.... I would not expect to see something like this in the like of perveyors of fine malted barley bliss and information. Am I the only one??
Primary 4: Coastal Red
Primary 5: Empty
Secondary 1: Empty
Secondary 2: empty
Secondary 3: empty
Keg1: Cherry Lambic
Keg2: A-10 IIPA
Keg3: Crazy Cuban Monk (Cedrella infused Tripel)
Keg4: Kolsch weisen hybrid

Old 09-20-2009, 02:41 PM   #2
stevea1210
Recipes 

Mar 2008
Lancaster, PA
Liked 2 Times on 2 Posts

Not familiar with the publication, but....

Is she featured in their for her beer knowledge, or her "features". My guess is the interview portion isn't as important for this article.

After re-reading your post, are you upset that they have this feature at all, or that they chose a hottie with bad taste in beer?

Old 09-20-2009, 02:46 PM   #3
Benjibbad
Recipes 

Apr 2009
Riverview, FL
Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Hottie with the bad taste in beer. Later in the mag she goes in to explain food/beer pairings. It is just hard to take someone serious when they dislike "dark" beer instead of a particular style or flavor. Maybe they should come around Tampa more often, I have met plenty of hot women who love a good IPA or swill stouts or imperials with the rest of us. I just expected more for a publication who's main focus is craft and home brews.
Primary 4: Coastal Red
Primary 5: Empty
Secondary 1: Empty
Secondary 2: empty
Secondary 3: empty
Keg1: Cherry Lambic
Keg2: A-10 IIPA
Keg3: Crazy Cuban Monk (Cedrella infused Tripel)
Keg4: Kolsch weisen hybrid

Old 09-20-2009, 03:19 PM   #4
Yuri_Rage
Gritty.
HBT_MODERATOR.png

Recipes 

Jul 2006
Southwest
Liked 813 Times on 514 Posts

I read exactly two issues of that magazine last year. IMHO, it never had any credibility...lots of fluff, little info, a few nice pictures.

Old 09-20-2009, 03:21 PM   #5
eriktlupus

Recipes 

Jan 2007
Cereal City, USA
Liked 13 Times on 11 Posts

hell, i thought hey only did 2 issues last yr and folded!
DRINKIN DAWG BREWERY
LET'S GO RED WINGS

join michigan mashers here

extraction calculator
grains in pounds(G) X 36(average points per gallon of grains) / batch size in gallons(g) = maximum efficiency(ME)
OG / ME = brewhouse efficiency

Old 09-20-2009, 03:48 PM   #6

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benjibbad View Post
Was perusing one at the local bookery when I noticed they did a feature on "pour of the month" essentially a hot girl working the the beer industry. On her profile her leat fav beer is "dark" and fav beer is "bud light" I don't care how hot she is.... I would not expect to see something like this in the like of perveyors of fine malted barley bliss and information. Am I the only one??
Was she blond with big titties?

I agree any beer magazine should do a better job of getting people or pros who know beer especially if they are gonna comment on the beer.

Somebody who says there favorite beer is Bud Light doesn't know beer. Its like taking the word or food gourmet who says his favorite cheese is Kraft White Cheddar. The kind in a can or Cheese Whiz....

On Tap; Special Export, Spring SmaSH Summit, House Amber.

BS Nano-Brewery

|Myeast 50327|Easy Hop Oast|Smoked Homebrew|