Cream Ale Fizzy Yellow Beer - Page 15 - Home Brew Forums
Register Now For Free!

Home Brew Forums > HomeBrewTalk.com Recipe Database > Homebrew Ale Recipes > Cream Ale Fizzy Yellow Beer

Reply
 
Thread Tools
Old 03-30-2013, 09:59 PM   #141
idrinkstuffnthings
Recipes 
 
Jan 2013
, BC Canada
Posts: 135
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


3 fizzy yellows down. Funny enough this is about as hoppy as an ipa kit I made. Tastes great! Might need a week more to finish carbing but mmmm

 
Reply With Quote
Old 03-30-2013, 10:45 PM   #142
sivdrinks
 
sivdrinks's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Lebanon, PA, PA
Posts: 809
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


I made this again but with German Ale/Kolsch yeast this time. If I enter it in competition should I go Blonde or Kolsch? It's more outta Kolsch style because of the Vienna, I'm leaning toward Blonde.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-03-2013, 03:45 PM   #143
rgarry
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
rgarry's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Naples, Florida
Posts: 202
Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts


Have been following this thread for about 6 months knowing I had a party coming up with "bud" drinkers. Will Brew this this weekend. LHS only had Pearle hops so will use an oz of them. I have some old Chinook that I might use as well at flame out. I have never brewed a lite beer and this should do the trick. When it was all said and done the grain bill cost by $35 (2.95/lb). I believe in supporting your LHS but it would have been $ 18 at NB.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:18 AM   #144
kpr121
 
kpr121's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jul 2009
Pittsburgh, PA
Posts: 3,148
Liked 127 Times on 111 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by sivdrinks View Post
I made this again but with German Ale/Kolsch yeast this time. If I enter it in competition should I go Blonde or Kolsch? It's more outta Kolsch style because of the Vienna, I'm leaning toward Blonde.
Yea I would probably go blonde too

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 01:32 AM   #145
sivdrinks
 
sivdrinks's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Lebanon, PA, PA
Posts: 809
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarry
Have been following this thread for about 6 months knowing I had a party coming up with "bud" drinkers. Will Brew this this weekend. LHS only had Pearle hops so will use an oz of them. I have some old Chinook that I might use as well at flame out. I have never brewed a lite beer and this should do the trick. When it was all said and done the grain bill cost by $35 (2.95/lb). I believe in supporting your LHS but it would have been $ 18 at NB.
LHS doesn't help you pay your bills, don't help them. Seriously, $35 is robbery. If you really feel bad get a sack of 2 row somewhere else and get your specialty grains from them. I'd skip the Chinook FWIW, might scare your friends!

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:47 PM   #146
rgarry
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
 
rgarry's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Jan 2012
Naples, Florida
Posts: 202
Liked 17 Times on 14 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by sivdrinks View Post
LHS doesn't help you pay your bills, don't help them. Seriously, $35 is robbery. If you really feel bad get a sack of 2 row somewhere else and get your specialty grains from them. I'd skip the Chinook FWIW, might scare your friends!
I have some Columbus as well. Good advice on the Chinook.

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 12:51 PM   #147
GMJager
Recipes 
 
Feb 2013
Columbus, Ohio
Posts: 135
Liked 15 Times on 12 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by rgarry
I believe in supporting your LHS but it would have been $ 18 at NB.
Plus what... Another $14/15 for shipping... Making a total of about nearly the same. (Assuming you aren't close enough to pick it up and have to have it shipped)

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:00 PM   #148
russrob81
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Arnold, Maryland
Posts: 496
Liked 142 Times on 85 Posts


Brewing this Sunday for the wife for Mother's Day. Using cascade hops

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 03:02 PM   #149
russrob81
Recipes 
 
Dec 2012
Arnold, Maryland
Posts: 496
Liked 142 Times on 85 Posts


Brewing this Sunday for the wife for Mother's Day using cascade hops. Thank you

 
Reply With Quote
Old 04-04-2013, 04:36 PM   #150
sivdrinks
 
sivdrinks's Avatar
Recipes 
 
Apr 2011
Lebanon, PA, PA
Posts: 809
Liked 5 Times on 5 Posts


Quote:
Originally Posted by GMJager

Plus what... Another $14/15 for shipping... Making a total of about nearly the same. (Assuming you aren't close enough to pick it up and have to have it shipped)
So you think $2.95 a pound is ok for Pilsner or 2 Row? Sorry, no support here for price gouging.

 
Reply With Quote
Reply
Thread Tools


Similar Threads
Thread Thread Starter Forum Replies Last Post
fizzy yellow beer clevefails Fermentation & Yeast 1 07-17-2013 09:50 PM
Another Fizzy Yellow Beer acidrain23 Recipes/Ingredients 22 05-24-2012 08:48 PM
Fizzy Yellow Beer Yooper Recipes/Ingredients 11 07-27-2011 10:18 PM
Fizzy yellow beer is a hit! Yooper General Beer Discussion 27 05-26-2009 06:48 PM
Fizzy yellow beer ingredients compared to real beer chione Recipes/Ingredients 34 05-14-2009 08:15 PM


Forum Jump