Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Winners Drawn!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Show off your brew setup!

Old 10-04-2006, 05:42 AM   #91
Biermann
Reinvented Biermann
HBT_LIFETIMESUPPORTER.png
Feedback Score: 0 reviews

Recipes 

Liked 20 Times on 20 Posts
Likes Given: 1

Quote:
Originally Posted by Spyk'd
I believe I may need to check this out. Any help out there?

Ok, found the BYO.....September issue 2006, page 9--pictures a kegerator bar/beer storing device that can fit 6 cornies, complete with draft tower.

Basically, it is made by building a bar around a big chest type deep freeze with the bar top acting as the lid.

Holding tanks:Sold
Conical #1:Sold
Bottles: Nichts
On Deck:

Old 10-04-2006, 05:48 AM   #92
Spyk'd

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biermann
Ok, found the BYO.....September issue 2006, page 9--pictures a kegerator bar/beer storing device that can fit 6 cornies, complete with draft tower.

Basically, it is made by building a bar around a big chest type deep freeze with the bar top acting as the lid.
Nice thought, but mine will be built around the A/C window unit concept, insulated box with an A/C unit stuck into it. I'll also be building a system of duct work to deliver the cold air along the entire bar and make a faux forced air system. And it just might work too!

American Red
Keg Conditioning:
Gruit
On Tap:
ESB
Bottled:
Nada...
On Deck:
Porter, Belgian Abbey Ale

Old 10-04-2006, 05:52 AM   #93
Biermann
Reinvented Biermann

Recipes 

Wow, good luck. I hate duct work. I thought about running a PVC duct from my fridge, run my beer lines through it, hook up a fan on the other end, and run it up to a distant draft tower. The sheer logistics of it and the probability of screwing up a perfectly good (brand new) fridge kept it on the drawing board only.

Still, check out the BYO article--Its not a big bar, but its beautiful and functional.

On Deck:

Old 10-04-2006, 05:53 AM   #94
Biermann
Reinvented Biermann

Recipes 

Also, while I'm posting pics, here's my lagering and ingredient fridge:

On Deck:

Old 10-04-2006, 05:56 AM   #95
Spyk'd

Recipes 

Liked 10 Times on 10 Posts

My bar will be a "U" shaped bar and rather spacious. We have an unfinished upstairs room that will become a home theater/bar/entertaining room.

I've done some duct work on a friend's range hood and it's pretty much straight forward when dealing with the stuff. Mostly, alot of duct tape...and we all use that enough!

American Red
Keg Conditioning:
Gruit
On Tap:
ESB
Bottled:
Nada...
On Deck:
Porter, Belgian Abbey Ale

Old 10-04-2006, 02:02 PM   #96
Todd
Recipes 

Liked 1 Times on 1 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dennys Fine Consumptibles
Here's more:

Denny,

Is there a reason you could not run one regulator directly from the tank then use a valve to turn each burner on and off as needed? trying to understand for when I put mine together.

Do you start heating the boil while you are using the HLT for sparge? I can understand if using more than 1 burner at a time you would need the adjustable reg at each burner.

Also it looks like you are direct heating your mash tun, are you doing any kind of circulation or how do you maintain an even heat?

Thanks
Todd

Old 10-04-2006, 06:39 PM   #97
Denny's Evil Concoctions
Grande Megalomaniac

Recipes 

Liked 51 Times on 42 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Todd
Denny,

Is there a reason you could not run one regulator directly from the tank then use a valve to turn each burner on and off as needed? trying to understand for when I put mine together.
I thought about doing it that way but decided I like the abiltiy to run all three at the same time if need be. Plus I would have had to cut the hoses from the jet burners off of the regulator cause 2 of them could not be unscrewed from the reg. The third one could.

Quote:
Do you start heating the boil while you are using the HLT for sparge? I can understand if using more than 1 burner at a time you would need the adjustable reg at each burner.
Yes

Quote:
Also it looks like you are direct heating your mash tun, are you doing any kind of circulation or how do you maintain an even heat?
I stir with my mash paddle, though I sometimes use my large paint mixer on my drill to mix the mash.

One thing I need to add is some heat shielding/wind break for the burners. The angle Iron shelves are bolted to the 4" square tubing, so I'll probably add some teflon or fiber washers so that heat transferance is minimized.
Also will add some wheels. That thing is HEAVY. I'll just lower the feet (carriage bolts - see pics) past the the bottom of the wheels to level and keep it locked in place.

I went with the heavy 3/8" angle iron shleves because the angle iron was donated by my neighbor. I would have gone would thinner stuff otherwise to keep the weight down.

This was the first time I've welded anything since high school, which was a, uh, while ago. It was fun.

Oh and I need to paint the thing. Wish I had a sprayer. Spray paint here I come. Maybe I should start a poll on what color or colr scheme?

http://www.homebrewtalk.com/f39/denn...9/#post1766281

http://groups.homebrewtalk.com/Tapro...ook_Repository

Old 10-05-2006, 08:16 PM   #98
Seveneer
Recipes 

Liked 4 Times on 2 Posts

Here's my all electric HERMS brewery. I've now brewed 4 x 10 imperial gallon batches over the last 3 weeks or so on it and have started to get it dialled in.

/Phil.

Old 10-05-2006, 09:04 PM   #99
Dude
Will work for beer

Recipes 

Liked 76 Times on 66 Posts
Likes Given: 9

Quote:
Originally Posted by Biermann

If you guys want to see more of that bar--go HERE for the build, and HERE for the finished product.

This guy posts on brewboard all the time. He builds some beautiful stuff. His brewstand is just flat out awesome. You can even buy plans on his website to build it.
Up Next: Smoked Porter -- Pub Ale -- Watermelon Wheat
Planning:
Gone But Not Forgotten:

www.IronOrrBrewery.com

Old 10-06-2006, 02:35 AM   #100
disaffected
Recipes 

Liked 6 Times on 6 Posts

Quote:
Originally Posted by Seveneer
Here's my all electric HERMS brewery. I've now brewed 4 x 10 imperial gallon batches over the last 3 weeks or so on it and have started to get it dialled in.
That is awesome, Phil. Electric, eh? That must take a fair amount of juice to boil a 10 gallon batch on electricity.

Those are nice looking plastic fermenters you have there. That's HDPE, isn't it? Are you concerned about oxygen permeability?