Coldbreak Brewing Giveaway - Open to All!

Home Brew Forums > Home Brewing Beer > Equipment/Sanitation > Help! Bought co2 regulator, it's litres/min not psi!

Old 04-15-2009, 03:31 AM   #1
oxiderush
Feedback Score: 0 reviews
Recipes 

Default Help! Bought co2 regulator, it's litres/min not psi!

Is there a way (changing the $3.00 guage) that i can turn this $24.00 harbor freight open box special into a usable regulator. It measures it's output in litres per min instead of PSI.

- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

maybe this?
- Harbor Freight Tools - Quality Tools at the Lowest Prices

Secondary 1: Empty
Bottled: EdWort's Apfelwein
Bottled: Brewers Best American Light
On Deck: some sort of Kolsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_awesome View Post
The yeasties threw a little party in the cider and they need some time to clean (sometimes slower than other times, must have been a good party!)

Old 04-15-2009, 04:03 AM   #2
kennyd
Recipes 

That would be a flow meter for welding. It is measuring the volume per minute of c02 being dispensed as opposed to the pressure the gas is exerting. A pressure gauge is cheap, I picked up a replacement for 3 or 4 dollars at Granger Dist. It can't hurt to try.

Old 04-15-2009, 07:46 AM   #3
BrewBeemer
HBT_SUPPORTER.png
Recipes 

Liked 21 Times on 21 Posts
Likes Given: 7

Quote:
Originally Posted by kennyd View Post
That would be a flow meter for welding. It is measuring the volume per minute of c02 being dispensed as opposed to the pressure the gas is exerting. A pressure gauge is cheap, I picked up a replacement for 3 or 4 dollars at Granger Dist. It can't hurt to try.
All the vertical tube floating ball welding flow meters I have ever run across were scaled and calibrated in cu/ft an hour of gas be it Argon, Co2, helium or nitrogen. I have never run across a LPM flow meter unless it was for hospital oxygen use as seen on the walls in hospital rooms or in the ER rooms.

The only liters per/min scale vertical floating ball meters I have ever run across were for medical use like in hospital rooms with scales from .5 to 15 litres per/minute. Timeter Instrument Corporation would be one example.
They are pressure compensated calibrated @ 50 psig 70*F. Model ULO-15.
The Timeter Group. One of these LPM flow gauges were given to me by a hospital maintenance friend for my brewing needs.
Go to http://www.falconmed.com/items-for-s...?page=show_all

Item #6 has 11 Timeter TLO-15 meters for $245, item #7 has 56 for $495.

Your only looking at $22.27 each on the 11 Timeter lot that are new old stock. For used or in excellent condition at only $8.84 each for the 56 Timeter lot.

Do I hear a mass HBT buy in idea for many members to get a great item deal? I already have a brand new one, this would be a great addition for other members. Just remove the quick 1/4 turn inlet disconnect as it has NPT threads in/out. A very high quality meter I must add.

My plan was to use it to on a stone in a exposed glass tube to see the oxygen foam off the stone while transfering wort from the cooled boil keggle to the fermenter adding O2 on the way with a sight window for your pleasure and enjoyment knowing your going to give the yeasties a healthy start. For me just another item to add to the future brewing build project.

Old 04-15-2009, 10:54 PM   #4
oxiderush
Recipes 

k, it's back safe and sound where it belongs, on the dusty shelves. Im ordering a kegging kit w/ regulator form beveragefactory.com this week.
Secondary 1: Empty
Bottled: EdWort's Apfelwein
Bottled: Brewers Best American Light
On Deck: some sort of Kolsch

Quote:
Originally Posted by billy_awesome View Post
The yeasties threw a little party in the cider and they need some time to clean (sometimes slower than other times, must have been a good party!)