What piece do I need? Where can I find?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Matteo57

Reaction score
I had this faucet/spigot for my old 10g rubbermaid cooler and now I want to pull it out and use it in a 100qt for my new mashtun. I went to install it into the new cooler and the section in the picture isn't long enough. There is like maybe 1/10 of an inch sticking through only on the other side so no room for the screw on section at the back inside the cooler.
The number on the part says ss304 but googling that comes up with millions of different parts of that size of tubing.
Anyways, just thought I would ask what it might be called so I can narrow the google search or if anyone knows where I might be able to find it online.
Thanks so much!

photo (2).JPG

photo2.JPG

Ss304 simply means stainless steel, 304 is one variety. What you're looking for is called a coupling. Take the part to a hardware store and find one that matches the size but is longer, or ask someone there to find you one.

SS304 is the grade of stainless. From your photo you just need a piece of ss pipe threaded on both sides.

Nipple? that is the end part right? I have that if that's what the nipple is. I think it is the coupling that I need. Yah I wanted a SS one too. You can never find SS anything at HD or any of the other stores I've tried usually!

What you need is a nipple. I think you have a 1/2". The side of the valve should say the size. Take it off. Measure the total length and order one a bit longer.

The nipple is male threads (outside)while a coupler is female threads (inside). most online brew shop suppliers will carry them along with bargain fittings, weldless fittings, bobbym on here and many other places.

The piece in the pic with the teflon tape is a nipple.

Back