115v Aquarium Temperature Controllers

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

scoppi

Reaction score
Hey, I just picked up a mini fridge off of craigslist that I plan on turning into a fermentation chamber, and went to ebay to try and buy the aquarium temperature controller. However, all I seem to be able to find right now are the 220v ones. Anyone know where I can find one, or know if there will be more on the bay anytime soon?

Thanks

Edit: I meant 110v in the thread title :(

And also, has anyone used this controller in particular, and are there any differences between it and the actual stc-1000?
http://www.ebay.com/itm/Digital-Tem...ltDomain_0&hash=item4ab8b680c3#ht_3947wt_1079

I've got two of those - it's a Willhi WH-7016c but i imagine it is made in the same factory as the STC-1000.

The basic difference is that the wh7016c is a heat-or-cool single-stage design, and the STC-1000 is heat-and-cool two-stage. You hook up the wh7016c's single relay output to either a heating system or a cooling system, and configure it to heat or cool. You can hook up the STC-1000 to both at the same time.

Also i think the willhi unit may have higher rated relay contacts. I forget. I've got one hooked up to a length of heat tape and another one controling a 5cf chest freezer as a fermentation chamber. Both are working great.

Back