Stone enjoy by...12.25.15

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

sablesurfer

Supporting Member
HBT Supporter
Reaction score
If you have not tried this one, I recommend it. It is way over the top hop flavors. Then I looked up the hops and found this....

Hopping, as might be expected, was over the top. First, the brew was mash-hopped with Ahtanum, one of our favorite hop varieties, after which we kettle-hopped with a very small dose of Super Galena hop extract for bittering. Then, using a technique known in homebrew circles as “hop bursting,” we loaded up very heavily on the flavor hops at the end of the boil and in the whirlpool. Simcoe, Delta, Target and Amarillo were used in the late kettle hop. Simcoe, Amarillo, Calypso and Cascade were used for the whirlpool hop. As you can clearly tell, this beer was super hoppy even before we dry-hopped it, but then we went for it...dry-hopping with primarily Southern Hemisphere hops, including Galaxy, Nelson Sauvin, Motueka and Helga

I LIKE it....and will be going back out to get more of the six pack and maybe bombers too. This one is better than the last....oh, three...I would say.

Agreed, I wasn't a fan of the last 3 and stopped buying them. But I got the 12.25 on a good deal, and was really impressed.

Yea that is a ridiculous variety of hops! I got a bomber of it for Thanksgiving and it was outstanding. My bottle was only a week old.

I love all the Enjoy Bys, but I just had a 12/25/15 last night, and it was extra-delicious!

I had one and thought it was kind of a mess. Too bitter, too much carbonation, and too hot. I couldn't tell what was going on with the hops. Maybe they were muddled! Its definitely a west coast IPA. I much prefer the simple, soft, juicy east coast IPAs these days.

Ive been drinking oodles of the stuff out here. Definitely the best one of the year. The new enjoy by black IPA on the other hand? Not good. It taste like they had leftover wort from a previous batch of regular enjoy by and steeped some black malt in it. Definitely not a good black IPA.

Back