Beer pron: Baby's first lager

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bacon

Reaction score
First of all, I didn't give a baby a lager.

I just wanted to post a pic of my first attempt at lagering. A BB Oktoberfest kit. Long lag time (kit came with brewferm lager yeast, don't see any strain info), didn't start fermenting until about 60 hours or so. But now it looks like this, and I'm excited and a little buzzed, so I wanted to share!

IMG00012-20110111-1916.jpg

Yeah, I'm doing primary fermentation inside. I finally found a silver lining to ****ty insulation next to that door during the winter!

Congrats! That was my first lager kit as well and I just enjoyed one of the last bottles of mine. Brewed almost 2 years ago. So good.

was planning on it. you may have to wait another month or so as it lagers, but afterwords im sure ill have another 'i <3 my homebrew' post to throw out there

was planning on it. you may have to wait another month or so as it lagers, but afterwords im sure ill have another 'i <3 my homebrew' post to throw out there

You should always be proud of your brews! :rockin: Can't wait to hear the feedback. I don't brew extract often, but I've heard this kit was quite good. I might have to grab the kit to fill up some carboy space.

Don't forget to let us know, I'm hoping for a full review and a picture of it in a glass if you get the time! :D

then it shall be done!though im not planning to bottle till march if you can wait, I'll do my best to write a full review, with recipe details and most definitely pictures! anything to help people make a more informed decision.

then it shall be done!though im not planning to bottle till march if you can wait, I'll do my best to write a full review, with recipe details and most definitely pictures! anything to help people make a more informed decision.

Sounds good Bro! I look forward to hearing the review. :tank: Thanks for the future review!

I just did the same kit on Saturday. How are you going to lager the beer?? are you going to leave it at room temperature or put it in a fridge?? I have mine in my closet which is around 69F. i have a fridge i can put it in for the "lagering" stage but it is at 45F.

I know it will be beer either way just wondering.

I ended up splitting it into two 4L empty Carlo Rossi wine jugs and a 2L microbrew growler I had and lagering in those to minimize head space and bottled the rest. The three jugs are in my fridge, the bottles im going to let carb for another week or so then pop them in the fridge as well. Should be interesting to see the difference between bottle lagering and bulk (ish) lagering.

Latest posts

Back