three tier setup-design phase

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dumpsterfish

Reaction score
Hello HBT,

I'm upgrading from my current AG setup, consisting of a turkey fryer and a couple of stools, to a more, ahem, respectable setup. I live in the freak kingdom of LA, though, so space I DON'T have. I do my brewing on a tiny-ass balcony.

As such, I worked up a quick drawing of a three tier setup in sketchup. Thought I'd post it for all to see/critique/mock.

If you have a triple decker of your own, feel free to chime in with any recommendations. I'll be re-posting this sketch as it gets less and less ghetto.

roughdraft.jpg

The setup as it exists will feature my current two basic turkey fryer burners, fired high and low, with the middle tier reserved for the cooler MLT.

It will definitely will work only thing you may run into is that the lifting of the BK to drain into the fermenter is a major PITA

7 out of 8 chiropractors agree on that one. I plan on mounting a single march pump to pump wort through my CFC chiller and into the old busket.

I built my 3-tier for easy storage and small foot print. It's worked out great for me.

photo-1.jpg

FamilyBrewday2009.jpg

Back