Can Belgian Strongs go in EZ Cap Bottles?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jacksonbrown

Reaction score
I just moments ago scored about 40 EZ cap/Grolsch bottles from a co-worker who was cleaning house. In about a month I'll be brewing a Belgian Golden Strong. Are these bottles suitable for that style, or do I need to stick to cork and cage?

I sure hope so, because a month ago I filled about 20 flip-tops with Belgian Strong Golden Ale!

You should be fine. I have probably 100 flip-tops and have used them for highly carbed styles, with no issues at all.

I did a few of my siasons that were carbed to between 3 and 3.5 volumes of co2 in a bunch, and they all turned out find....just make sure when you are closing them uo that the top and the rubber gasket are sitting level on the lip of the bottle before clamping down..I have noticed sometimes they don't appear to seat right.

And I'd put in my 2¢ about the gaskets, if they have been used a lot or look worn in any way, just replace them. They are cheap enough to grab a set and not loose the whole batch.

Yeah, I just happened to buy a bunch of new gaskets for the few I did have anyway, so it's perfect timing. Thanks for the tips, guys. Looks like some people will be getting flip tops for the 10-10-10 swap. :D

Back