New to homebrew

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

moto36

Reaction score
Hello, Allen from Ga here. I bought myself a true brew kit and an amber ingredient kit Saturday and wasted no time getting the batch started. I have a little over a case of becks and harp bottles that I will be using. I've asked friends to save bottles for me. I would like to buy bulk malt, hops and try one of the published recipies instead of an ingredient kit next time. This is going to be a good hobby. I need to get a good book on homebrewing.

Hello there. :mug:
Welcome to HBT. It sounds like you are off to a good start.
I recommend The New Complete Joy of Home Brewing by Charlie Papazian as a great book for beginners. He provides lots of good information and his enthusiasm for brewing is contagious. I think it is a great book.

You can also try "Beer Captured" by Tess and Mark Szamatulski. It's got over 150 recipes of great beers. They also include the all grain and mini-mash recipes too so you can see both sides of the fence.

Brewiz said:
Hey Allen where in Ga are you and welcome there is lot of good info on here...
I live in Kennesaw (the only city in the us to have a law requiring residents to own a firearm :) ) My airlock bubbles very slowly now. I see that most people here move the batch to the secondary fermenter after about a week, so I'll be doing that this coming Sat. I like the idea of 22 oz bottles but I already have a bunch of 12 oz's. My friends gave me a bunch of bottles today. The one's rooting for chicago will have to be washed as they have alot of tears in them.
Alot of info on this site.

Back