Ferment Chamber concept

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

PDawg

Reaction score
Somebody must have done this before. I couldn't find any pics though. Since I am putting the whole thing in my house I doubt it will need heat, so the plan is a fan at the end of each pipe hooked into a controller. I am curious if it is going to need a return air line or not, it would probably be more efficient.

I am looking for a consensus from the masses. Do you think it will work?

Sorry the sketch is a little rough its just a concept.

Ferment_Chamber.jpg

Thats how my original fermentation chamber/s worked.

With a single chamber, you can free-flow back to the cold air supply.

With dual chambers, you need to force air in both directions to prevent cold air leakage from killing your efficiency or affecting the temps for the other chamber.

It works, but even with 2" insulation, I was only able to get the dual-chamber design down to 10 degrees below ambient. I have since switched to keeping a water bath in a 34 degree fridge, and circulating water around the conicals. This gives me an iron-clad control over the fermentation temps, I can swing the temps almost 4 degrees in an hour, lager at 48 and cold crash down to about 42 with the system.

Yeah, I don't expect to get lagering temperatures out of it. I was just looking for a better control on Ale ferments.

I know this is a super old thread...just wanted to see if you ever ended up building this? Is so how well did it hold ale temps for you?

I'm thinking about building something very simaler to this

Latest posts

Back