Beer Meister on Craig's List -- good find?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

jelsas

Reaction score
Hi all keggers! I hope to be joining your ranks soon, and just came across this on craigslist:

http://pittsburgh.craigslist.org/spo/372318235.html

I've asked the seller a few questions about what's included (co2 tank, regulator, connections) but I know nothing about the brand. Anyone out there familiar with these? It seems to be a little pricey, considering I'd probably put in a new tower w/ 2 (or 3?) taps, and put in nice faucets.

thanks in advance.

-Jon

I bought one very similar to this. It was a Beverage Air brand, but otherwise looked mostly identical. I paid $250 for mine and spent probably another $500 rehabbing the thing (mine was in worse shape than that), maybe a bit more - I'd rather not think about the numbers.

Here are photos of it being worked on. Obviously yours might need less work than mine did. If you could talk him down another hundred, or even fifty, I'd jump. I'm enjoying my thoroughly.

Oh, one thing I can say about mine - it's loud. We keep it in the kitchen, and it is a total disappointment how noisy the fan on it is. Hope that helps.

kvh.

kvh -- thanks for the info

here's some more info: 10-15 years old, includes 2 gauge regulator, hoses need replacement, its on casters & has spent part of its life covered outside

if in fact this fridge can hold 4 cornies (like kvh's), then I think I might try to haggle with him. if not, I think I might go for the sanyo conversion.

It is 10-15 years old, spent time outside and they want over half what they paid....hmmm...I would try to talk them down. You could buy a Sanyo 4912 and convert it for the $350+ what you will spend on it, and it will be new.

But, if it can hold 4 cornies that is nice...yeah haggle.

internal dimensions:
depth: 18" up to the back shelf
width: 19 3/4"
height: 29 1/2"

So, i'm guessing it should hold 4 cornies w/ the co2 tank on the shelf. hmmm...

jelsas said:
internal dimensions:
depth: 18" up to the back shelf
width: 19 3/4"
height: 29 1/2"

So, i'm guessing it should hold 4 cornies w/ the co2 tank on the shelf. hmmm...

I'm not at home right now to check my dimensions, but I'm guessing they're similar.

Just an FYI - I had to rig a crazy fix to my regulator because with the valves and connections on it, on my tank (don't ask me what size the tank is, it came with it and I haven't had to refill it yet) - it didn't fit inside on the shelf and under the drip tra assembly. I ended up putting a 90 degree threaded barb on the out-port of the regulator - I think I'll clear it by about 1/2 an inch.

kvh

Back