• If you have bought, sold or gained information from our Classifieds, please donate to HomeBrewTalk and give back.

You can become a Supporting Member which comes with a decal or just click here to donate.

Son-of-fermentation chiller, 6-gallon carboy

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

BetterSense

Reaction score
This is a son-of-fermentation chamber assembled per instructions here:

home.roadrunner.com/~brewbeer/chiller/chiller.PDF

This is the chamber only, and doesn't have a fan or thermostat. However, the price of the materials is about $70 so you can save a lot of money and an entire afternoon by buying this for only $40. It has no trouble fermenting anywhere from about 63F on up. I use Ozarka water bottles. After active fermentation, you only have to change the water bottles every 3-5 days. Fits carboys, buckets, and corny kegs.

Comes with the chamber, plywood bottom, 7 Ozarka water bottles. I will throw in the 6-gallon carboy, carboy cap, air-lock, and Brewhauler for another $40. It's in in very good condition. I'm having a new baby so this has to go.

I used foil-covered foam board, and genuine HVAC-rated tape, and 3m foamboard adhesive. This chamber is quite professional looking and will nicely accent any living space.

Pickup in Richardson, TX.

carboy.jpg

ozarka.jpg

sofc.jpg

I'm in Burleson, would you possible be able to meet halfway for the carboy and brew hauler?

Back