Firestone Keg? -- Have you seen this?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Beerygeek

Reaction score
Hi folks!

I decided to make the plunge and start kegging. I bought a new CO2 tank, a regulator, and lines/disconnects. However, I want to replace the posts on this keg.
Have any of you seen a post like this? As you can see, it is threaded on the outside, and it screws into the top of the keg. The label on the keg is Firestone, and the dip tube is metal.

Any help finding these posts would be appreciated!

Photo 26.jpg

Please explain the cake, sheep and kewi on your shirt.

I have a firestone keg. It looks like you pulled the thread post out. You will have to separate the two pieces and reinstall the thread post with some food grade locktite.

Please explain the cake, sheep and kewi on your shirt.
The 'cake' is a pavlova, a favourite desert in NZ. The sheep is there since their are 40 million sheep in NZ, and only 4 million people. The kiwi fruit should be self explanatory by now. :) All things NZ I guess.

Are you sure that the post doesn't unscrew from the threaded part?
I am sure that this does not unscrew. This valve assembly is a one piece unit. When looking at the top of the keg, one can see how this screws into the keg. It is kind of weird compared to what I have seen everyone else has. The keg certainly has a Firestone badge on it, so I am at a loss to find poppet valves that work in this.

Can you get the poppet out? I would guess that is how I would check if you had unscrewed the wrong part from the keg.

It has to be a multi part assembly. Without a doubt. It is a least 3 pieces assembled to be what you are showing. You just need to figure out how to dissemble it without destroying the male threads shown at the base. The suggestion to use LockTite is a good one.

Back