Etched Pint Glasses- Wedding Gift

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

msu09

Reaction score
Hello everyone,

After finding this thread (which is amazing, btw) I decided to make etched pint glasses as part of a wedding gift to the bridal party. I want to etch people's roles on each glass and include a logo of our wedding. Does anyone who has etched glasses/carboys have a recommendation? I'm going to be making a lot, and do not want to create a separate tape layout for each glass. Would it be best to get a plain stencil and follow the thread mentioned earlier? I have had a hard time finding it (no dice on Hobby Lobby, Michaels, or Joanns). Could I possibly use the fiancee's Cricut to make something similar? I'm not artistic, but would be willing to put in the time necessary.

Thanks all! The posts on this forum have been an inspiration!

I'd use the stencil pro stuff referenced in the other thread. I've done etchings using contact paper and the smaller the design is, the worse it turns out. If you cut something out, you'll have trouble with the smaller pieces such as the inside of letters such as "o, a, e, b, p," etc. The stencil pro material eliminates that problem, and they are reusable, unlike something like contact paper.

I've also used craft paint as a stencil. Paint the areas that you don't want etched, allow it to dry, layer on the etching, then wash away the etch and peel off the paint. Labor intensive, but ensures that no etch gets under your stencil where you don't want it to be.

Wife did this for our wedding. Used the Cricut to cut names on contact paper and some sort of etching fluid to etch the glass. Turned out great.

Back