New Guy in Virginia

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

hellbender

Reaction score
Hello All:

I am so glad I found this forum. I am getting ready to retire and move to Southwest Virginia (from King George County, VA) in the near future and homebrewing is on my list of activities I want to explore/enjoy with all my newly acquired free time. I am in the process of assembling the necessary equipment and supplies and hope to kick off my first batch in the next few weeks. I am working to acquire the necessary body of knowledge to be successful since up until now I have developed much more expertise consuming beer rather than producing it. This looks like a great place to learn. It looks like I can spend a lot of time just trying to digest the huge amount of information already posted here.

Welcome to HBT hellbender! :mug:
You came to the right place! What are you planning to brew for your first one? What are your favorite beers?

RichBrewer said:
Welcome to HBT hellbender! :mug:
You came to the right place! What are you planning to brew for your first one? What are your favorite beers?

I like Killian's Irish Red but I understand that it is a poor substitute for a true Irish Red Ale so I am on a mission to create my own. If it is better than the Killian's (as I hope and expect) I will be absolutely thrilled. I have a kit from Brewmasters Select with basic ingredients as follows:

6 lbs DME
Specialty Malts (Crystal 10 L, Roasted Barley, Wheat)
Cluster bittering pellet hops
Cascade aromatic plug hops

Regards,
hellbender

Back