Have you ever been stuck on one beer? (yes) Ok, which?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Two Hearted Ale or Mad Hatter or Dirty Bastard.... have actually purchased all three at one time before... going to again for the weekend since I don't have anything but an Oatmeal Stout ready to go. A 4 day 4th of July brewing weekend --- !!!!

When I was in Cancun for my honeymoon earlier in the month I had it for Victoria. Usually I have too much interest in trying new beers to get hooked on a single beer.

I'm like that McDonald's guy, Don Gorske - but instead of Big Macs, its Heavy Seas Loose Cannon for me.

And Eliot Ness whenever my sister returns from visiting Cleveland.

I usually go in streaks. The last couple I was stuck on were Rogue Dead Guy and Lakefront Riverwest Stein Beer. In the fall I'm big on oktoberfest beers. I'm already anticipating their yummy, bready goodness.

Nugget Nectar, Bells Two Hearted, and I have been know to get stuck on brooklyn lager due to the fact that its the best thing at my super market.

I guess you could say I'm stuck on Mighty Arrow by New Belgium right now, but its more do to the liquor store selling it dirt cheap to get rid of it than to it being the only thing i want to drink, although i do enjoy it.

Currently, I am completely stuck on Dogfishhead 60 min IPA. They recently started stocking at the grocery store so I don't have to go to a specialty store anymore. They have 90 min as well, but I would rather drink 6 beers vs. the 4 for the same buzz. I just like drinking beer, you know?

What beer are you stuck on or have you been stuck on?

disclaimer: I have been too busy to brew lately, otherwise I would say HB. I have only a few aged HBs left and then I am out.

Other than my HB i was totally stuck on Black Butte Porter and Obsidian stout the whole time i was in Seattle. Now that i am back in Ohio and cant get Dechutes *sob* i have started on Edmund Fitzgerald Porter which is very good, but not black butte....

Beer? No. Cider? Yes - Brother's Pear Cider. If only they still sold the 10 250ml bottle "mini crates" I'd still be very happy. There's nothing better than getting the flavour of a fresh, chilled bottle every 10 minutes!

Surly Furious. Its hard to hand over the $10+ for the 4 pack but once you get it home, oh so tasty.

I'll have to brew up my own so I can take a bath in it.

For me its been a Hb cream ale kick probably brewed about 25 to 30 gallons of varying strengthen. Today its back to the low 4% beer. As for commercial stuff haven't really bought anything more than once lately the last thing it was blue moon for the wife or abita purple haze.

Bell's Two Hearted and New Belgium Ranger. Im just hung up on IPA's for some reason and cant seem to get back to the Pale Ale's. Kinda pisses me off since Fat Tire and SN Pale Ale used to be my standbys. I have a Two Hearted clone fermenting right now:)

Too many beers and too many to try to be stuck on one. Currently im stuck on buying anything of Rogues- i was like a kid at a candy store when i found about 6-7 bombers ive never tried yet.W00-hoo! If Stone sold in my state id be hooked on them but i can just jump across the river to get some in IL,i guess.

Bell's Two Hearted and New Belgium Ranger. Im just hung up on IPA's for some reason and cant seem to get back to the Pale Ale's. Kinda pisses me off since Fat Tire and SN Pale Ale used to be my standbys. I have a Two Hearted clone fermenting right now:)

Try drifter,ive heard dales is a really good one too(pale ales) Cant get it where im at. I have a pale ale problem too. Ive had a few which i generally only buy.

I'm stuck on Rochefort 8 & 10. @ $5-$6 a bottle, Sometimes I buy Ramen noodles for my week's lunch just so I can get a few week after week after week!!!

Lately it's been Franziskaner Hefe or Innis and Gunn if out of town on Biz, since I can't get that at home. Spotted Cow when I'm in that neck of the woods.

I get stuck on yeast. W yeast abby ale II in this case. Love working with it. All 3 of my beers on tap are born from it. Tripple, wit and a Americo-belgian highly hopped pale. I do like and appreciate a clean fermenting yeast but it is a little boring. Playing with a sassion yeast now... let's see where that leads

I try to stick to what I've brewed but my local grocery store carries bombers of Stone Ruination and I always end of getting one. I love that stuff.

I drink the crap out of Sierra Nevada's Celebration every year when it comes out... then when its gone I brew a clone of it. Other than that my go to beer for the full year is Bells Two Hearted.

i definitely got stuck on DFH 60 minute. it's a great session beer, and it's cheap and easy to find. great for warm weather.

Founders Centennial IPA is MUCH better, and it's just as cheap, but it's hard for me to find. If you find a fresh case, buy it and stick it in the fridge.

I love DFH 90 Min IPA. Hard to come by around here. Right now this weekend I am stuck on Founders Centennial and Bells Two Hearted.

Back