Number of taps for 19.5" drip tray

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

summerofgeorge

Reaction score
I scored a 7 cu ft freezer off craigslist and to my suprise I can fit 4 cornies on the floor easily plus one on the hump. I was originally planning on only having room for 4 taps and going with the barproducts 19.5" drip tray. Now I'm thinking about adding a fifth tap. I was hoping to see some pics of 4-5 taps setup with the 19.5" tray. Do 5 taps get too crowded, especially if the handles have some width to them? I could always use the extra room to have a keg carbed and ready but if thats the case why not have it on tap? Any other cheap options for a drip tray with 5 taps?

179996_1833261235769_1367560191_2043242_7430288_n.jpg

Those are the 19 inch trays from BarProducts.com.

I have the 2 trays velcroed to a piece of wood that is resting on 2 shelf brackets from Lowes, that have 3 or 4 hard drive magnets on each bracket.

As you can see, it's not centered in that picture and it looks like you can squeeze 5 taps in there. Each dead center point of the faucets are 4 inches apart. So you can probably even cut that down to 3 inches and you'll be fine.

What spacing works best for using 5 taps with the 19" barproducts tray? I am definitely going with 5 taps, and I'd like to know what people have used successfully. How far in from each side of the tray is far enough?

What spacing works best for using 5 taps with the 19" barproducts tray? I am definitely going with 5 taps, and I'd like to know what people have used successfully. How far in from each side of the tray is far enough?

At 4 inches apart, 4 of my 8 taps would be 12 inches from dead center of the 1st, to dead center of the last. That leaves 7 inches, divided by 2, would give 3.5" the outside of the 1st and last tap.

At 3 inches apart, 5 taps would fit in the same first to last span of 12 inches.

At 3.5 inches apart, 5 taps would be a 14 inch span (dead center on first/last taps), leaving you 2.5 inches on each end of the drip tray.

I like having the space at the ends, so if I decide to let my glass sit there as the head settles down, it's sitting right under the faucet.

Also, The tray insert is 19", the bed that it sits in slightly expands it to 19 3/8ths

I have three taps, and might buy a hanging drip tray. They are drilled 3" on center. Doing that, you might be able to get 5 taps under it?

3_hole_Drip_Tray.jpg

photo%205.JPG

I've got 4 over that same drip tray. I thought about adding a fifth, but I'd need more equipment inside the fridge (extra distributor, more hoses, etc.) and it just wasn't worth it to me. I also had a problem with the interior shelving on the door. I'd have to remove a lot of it to handle any more than the 4 taps nicely, and I didn't want to go that far for an extra tap - especially when I have a hard enough time keeping 4 kegs full in there :p

Back