Corny keg carbing

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Morrey

Reaction score
Realizing there are several methods of carbing in a keg, if I set my CO2 (say 25 psi) and rock the keg on my knees, what keeps the beer from sloshing back into the CO2 line and gumming up that valve?

Nothing. Usually people make sure that the gas post stays in the up position. I've tried this method and personally, I don't think it's worth the effort.

I turn my valve up to 30 and give it about 36 hours then turn it down to serving pressure. It's a little faster than the set and forget but it still takes at least a week for the flavor to balance out.

Change your gas in to beer in. I.e. gas goes down the dip tube, pressure up, shake or wait and enjoy.

As for gumming valves and ball lock/pin locks, when it happens, take them apart and clean as you do everything else. Easy

Don't connect your gas QD to the "Liquid Out" post. The connectors are not interchangeable. You'll have a heck of a time getting it back off, and could very likely break it in the process of trying.

Back