What Brewing (or beer) Goodies Did Santa Bring You?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I think i see(through the wrapped boxes) A two tower keg system and 2 corny kegs, among other goodies..Whoo Hoo!!!

I can't wait for tomorrow.I'm off this week. Looks like i'm building a kegerator..

My daughters got me an extract beer. Just add sugar and water. I guess I will go ahead and make it, rather than bring it back. I had suggested a beer recipe book, and i got "Cooking With Beer". It actually has some good looking recipes in it. I really wanted a bench capper, which I will get myself next weekend.

Not beer related at all, I got two tickets to see Ron White in Atlanta April 5th. I guess that is better than a bench capper!

My mother gave me a nice thick 80qt aluminum pot. 10 gal batches, here I come!!!! SWMBO passed on the brewing stuff and got me a Nike SumoSq. Man, I can't wait to get on the course and hit that sucker!!!!

Parents got me a SANYO mini-fridge and a dual corny kegerator conversion kit. My soon-to-be in-laws got me Palmer's brewing book, a wine making book, and a 6.5 gal carboy. I love my family!

Got a whole set of loot I wasn't aware of! 4 Guinness pint glasses, 8 of these bad boy pub glasses, 8 of these super-heavy mama jamma steins, and a cool looking Mikasa flight set.

071017297c8730.jpg
0010f038_md.jpg
41YBSFV6R9L._AA280_.jpg
GHS10900.jpg

Yay for beer vessels!

Mother-In-Law gave me a C note towards my gear since she wouldn't know a wort chiller from a wart remover. So a wort chiller is on the horizon and I'm thinking a nice digital scale for measuring hops and such and perhaps a vacuum food sealer for storing said hops. JOY!

I love my SWMBO, she got me a 15 Gal stainless pot with spigot and adjustable brewometer, and a set of 4 glasses with Nick's Homebrew engraved on each one. 10 gal batches here I come.

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

I found a Barley Crusher under my tree and the in-laws bought me an antique bench capper (I think it will work...).

Plus SWMBO bought me a years membership to AHA which came with a copy of Palmer's latest edition of How to Brew and a years subscription to Zymurgy.

Bottle sanitizer, "How To Brew" and "Designing Great Beers" books, large bottle of StarSan, 08-08-08 ingredient, a few ounces of different fresh hops, and some adjuncts. Sweet. :ban:

:mug:

2# hops(cascade, nugget, amarillo)
shank and tap(perlick)

b-day got in on the ventmatic deal from AUSTIN homebrew supply (2)

How to Brew, Designing Great Beers, Brewing Classic Styles and almost 90% efficiency on my Sweet Stout. :mug:

SWMBO got me a bottle tree, though I think it was as much for her. She never complains about the mess in the kitchen when I brew, but I think she's had it with bottles all over the counter 90% of the time.

My future sister and brother in law got me this awesome 1 liter, heavy as hell mug. The Seahawks logo is enameled pewter.
p4081790dt.jpg

Also was given some various bombers. Avery, Southern Tier, New Holland stuff.

Gotta buy myself my big presents this year, but the brother-in-law did manage to procure for me a bottle of Russian River's Damnation... :D

Not even sure how he got it; something about his SMWBO's father being in PA on business, and finding a bottle in some really out-of-the-way place... and it sounds like they almost got me a KEG :eek: of Pliny, but the store had sold it the day before... :(

That would have been worth an investment in some Sanke fittings!

the_bird said:
Not even sure how he got it; something about his SMWBO's father being in PA on business, and finding a bottle in some really out-of-the-way place... and it sounds like they almost got me a KEG :eek: of Pliny, but the store had sold it the day before... :(

From what I understand, all of the last few kegs of Pliny @ Kunda in PA were spoken for long ago and there will not be any more shipped east until the new brewery is online. If it is any consolation, it was awesome :)

From my sister I got "Brewing up a business" which is the story of Sam Calagione (Dogfish Head Brewery).

From my SWMBO, I got:
2x 3 Monts (with 2 matching glasses).
Brassin D'Hiver (with 1 matching glass).
Chimay Grande Reserve (Bleu).
Duvel (750ml) (with matching glass).

I went and bought another Duvel kit, that way we have two glasses to appreciate the greatness of Duvel together.

This officially started my beer cellar. And I got a 750ml of Chouffe for her, which is in the beer cellar as well. Most of these beers can be kept for 1 to 3 years, so I will have some GREAT beer to try next winter. This summer I plan on building a kegerator, but for the moment, all this beer in stored in the basement, where it's about 50-55F.

I'll take some pictures of the box I have all the bottles in for the moment when I get home, and I'll show you guys the glasses too. :rockin:

Bottling Tree with bottle brush (SWMBO always concerned about my sanitation)
Fermetech plastic thief
AHS Scotch Ale Mini mash kit
AHS Kolsch mini mash kit

Thanks SWMBO

$50 GC for Northern Brewer
2 2 way CO2 manifolds
2 Vent-matic Faucets

and a beer,

in a tree!

I got an O2 injector and a refreactometer. I got them wet the other day on a AG dry stout.

Santa delivered late this year (actually brewer's discount). I stopped by to help my parents hook up a new tv and as I was leaving my mom mentioned that one of my presents arrived late and it was 2 corny kegs. My brother got my another keg and my parents also got me a barley crusher and a $25 gift certificate to the LHBS. My dad also said that he has an old Hobart scale at his office that I can use for brewing. Now I just need to find a way to convince SWMBO to drive to Minneapolis to visit Midwest to buy some bulk grains and somehow avoid the mall of america and IKEA.

-Barley Crusher (!)
-$75 at MoreBeer (gonna get a refractometer)
-A few random beer mags I never heard of

With December tap water temperature, my new Shirron got 5.5 gallons of DIPA down to lager pitching temps (54) in just under 8 minutes! I never knew cooling would be the easiest part of the brewday!

drunkatuw said:
Santa delivered late this year (actually brewer's discount). I stopped by to help my parents hook up a new tv and as I was leaving my mom mentioned that one of my presents arrived late and it was 2 corny kegs. My brother got my another keg and my parents also got me a barley crusher and a $25 gift certificate to the LHBS. My dad also said that he has an old Hobart scale at his office that I can use for brewing. Now I just need to find a way to convince SWMBO to drive to Minneapolis to visit Midwest to buy some bulk grains and somehow avoid the mall of america and IKEA.

But that SHOULD be your angle. "Dear, why don't you go walk around the mall while I run up to Midwest. I'll meet you in the food court at 4:00" Then while she's not looking, snag the credit cards and ATM cards out of her purse. Leave her 50 cash so she's not too mad at you.

not sure if i already posted this :drunk:

I received a:
1 Liter Glass boot
Brew Chem 101: The Basics of Homebrewing Chemistry by Lee W. Janson

and i'm ordering for myself right now:
Brewing Classic Styles: 80 Winning Recipes Anyone Can Brew by Jamil Zainasheff

:mug:

One of these...
23946511.jpg

And one of these...
S78[1].jpg

And a $50 gift certificate to morebeer.com. I've spent it already.

Barley Crusher
How to Brew by John Palmer (to round out my reference library)

BlindLemonLars said:
I thought it was somebody else's puke he choked on? Or was that the drummer? (No...he died in a bizarre gardening accident.)

no way to know. you can't exactly dust for vomit, can you?

CFC parts and a phat gift certificate for my LHBS, which I'm going to spend in about 35 mins.

On a side note, SWMBO and I bought a PS3...damn she fracking is awesome! It's getting a little ridiculous, she brews, plays games, and cooks with me....I'm in heaven.

Funny other side note, we brewed yesterday, her buddy came over, and she was telling him all about AG brewing, chatting it up...I'm so proud of her!

I got stuff from "santa" and I got some stuff for me..

15# barley crusher
false bottom
Phils Sparge Arm
2 10gal coolers - with modified ball values
1 6.5 gal carboy - so I can do 10gal batches
4 5 gal carboys - gift from father inlaw - he used to make wine.
4 used cornys
1 "beer fridge" I got from Craigslist to cold crash my beer in

Couple of 50# bags of grain... :)
It was a good year.

tgrier said:
1 6.5 gal carboy - so I can do 10gal batches

You are going to split them.....right?

On a side note, my buddy got a MIG welder...it came to my house, so it's kinda like it's for me...we discussed...we're building me a sculpture...score!

Not a beer gadget, but I listen to it while brewing, so it counts.

Mom got me the Radiohead discbox I had been drooling over. Yay!
radiohead-ir-1.jpg

radiohead-ir-2.jpg

IBENAK said:
I love my SWMBO, she got me a 15 Gal stainless pot with spigot and adjustable brewometer, and a set of 4 glasses with Nick's Homebrew engraved on each one. 10 gal batches here I come.

:rockin: :rockin: :rockin:

Hey IBENAK, how was your W'07 clone?

I just had a W'08 and wasn't overly impressed, but I loved the 07 and could use some help with a clone.

Back