Left Hand Smoked Jumper Porter (Bacon Beer)

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

chefchris

Reaction score
Saw a thread on meat beer recently. This should be filed under meat beer. I bought one of these about 4 months ago and tried it within the week and it was simply awesome. I went back to the same store last weekend and picked up another bottle. Opened it last night and sniffed it as usual. What's this? .... MEAT? I passed it around and that's what everyone else smelled ... meat. Took a sip .... bacon. This was Bacon Beer. Others took a sip ... yup, bacon. Threw it out. $15 poured down the drain.

WTF?!

I am confused...this wasn't on purpose? I love bacon!!! I wish I knew you. I would have asked you to let me properly dispose of it. It wouldn't be the first beer of the night but inevitably as I got hungrier throughout the night I would have turned to this beer. :)

:tank:

Revvy might revoke my man card for this, but I just don't get the obsession with bacon. It's fine. But I'm not going out of my way to get it. Maybe it's because I can feel my arteries hardening when I look at it.

Revvy might revoke my man card for this, but I just don't get the obsession with bacon. It's fine. But I'm not going out of my way to get it. Maybe it's because I can feel my arteries hardening when I look at it.

Do not pass go. Do not collect $200. Bacon is awesome. That is all.

If you like smoked malt beers (like Rauchbier), it's probably up your alley; the reviews on RateBeer were good overall and it placed pretty high.

I myself don't fell qualified to rate it other than a "not for me" as I'm not a fan of smoked beers. I love bacon, but not in my beer. ;)

xmas2007winterclassicnewyears090-1.jpg

BACONNNNNNNNN!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Back