2011 Suds on the Shore, Ludignton, MI This weekend!

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
I had thought about going/ entering but at $10 and 4 bottles per entry was a little steep for me.
Plus the gf has Kenny Chesny tomorrow and I'm being acknowledged at the Mich Beer Cup awards ceremony tomorrow at 2:00 so I couldn't go anyway.

How many and what did you enter?

I had thought about going/ entering but at $10 and 4 bottles per entry was a little steep for me.

exactly why I didn't enter. 4 bottles is a lot to give up for a competition, and I bet you probably still only get 2 score sheets back. I think the organizers must want to keep some of everyone's beers for themselves.

I agree it's a pricey competition, but it's for the United Way, so I don't mind. Plus it's pretty local to me.

I dont' know if I won anything because they didn't announce any winners while I was there. I hung out for a while, but ran out of tokens and we had friend's waiting back at the campground. I entered a Classic American Pilsner.

A good time was had by all. The first band was a great sounding classic rock band, the second was a duo who played a lot newer "Alternative" junk, then they loaded up a country band and we were out of there!

I considered entering one of my IPA's, but couldn't bring myself to part with 4 bottles of "liquid gold".

I considered entering one of my IPA's, but couldn't bring myself to part with 4 bottles of "liquid gold".

Clear out your inbox! we have a big learn to homebrew day on the 5th over by the cinema. You should try to make it out.

Back