William's Belgian Double Question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

lostnfoam

Reaction score
i just got a belgian doulbe from williams. i was reading the brewing instructions, they seem a bit off from what i had to do for my last to brews. My first was an oktoberfest and they i did a stout. Are belgians differnt? I know that they are sweet well i read some comments that said they were. my main problem is fermentaion. it say to let it sit in the primary for 14 days then stir in the primary sugar then bottle. i normally let it sit in the primary for 7 days then tranfer to my seconday for 14 then i boil water stir in sugar then add the water to the bottleing bucket then i bottle.

the instruction say that i can transfer to a secondary but not to really exceed 14 day because it can cause off flavors in the beer.

well what do you all think of this? any input is good. also sorry for the long post

They probably mean don't keep it in the primary for more than 14 days. I say follow your normal routine: one week in primary, two weeks in secondary, then check the SG.

yeah thats what i thought, but i wasnt sure if belgian beers have a different process

Back