Start off kegging

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

TannerBrews

Reaction score
Hey guys, I'm new to home brewing and have only brewed a few home brews with the Mr Beer sets and helped my buddy with his "real" home brewing. I'm looking to move up in the world and get myself a 5 gal kit and was just wondering about bottling vs kegging. Midwest supplies has a kit that includes kegging supplies for kegging and I'm just wondering if I should just go ahead and get everything ill ever need?

Kegging is more expensive but much easier. Bottling is good when you want to age beer or transport it. You can bottle your kegged beer though.

If your going to age a lot of stuff and cellar, botttles will do, but if you're doing a lot of turnover, bottling will get old quick. If you've got the money, get the keg setup.

Kegs are much faster but much more expensive. You can force carbonate a keg of beer in a matter of minutes shaving off at least a week til you drink the beer, but all of that comes at a cost. I bottle for cheap reasons, but if I had the spare dough I'd absolutely keg.

Managed to keep my X-mass bonus for ME this year :) and just bought a chest freezer, kegs and goodies! (Some nice Perlicks too)
I am very happy to take on this new adventure in home brewing...
I say buy that stuff, bottle for friends and Fam...
And enjoy draft at home!
Pm us when you upload your Keezer pic... Lol
:mug:

Back