Moving your kegs

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

psymn

Reaction score
Has anyone found a way to move your keg and not have hazy beer? If I leave the keg stationary for a day or so, the beer is perfectly clear, but if I move the keg I get a haze for a day.

I realize that this is due to settling that's happened inside the keg, but is there something I can add to precipitate this stuff or attach it to the walls and bottom of the keg?

Matt

If you are concerned about this, you will have to rack the clear beer to another Keg. I don't think that there is anything that makes the haze stick to the bottom.

Kai

If it bugs you enough, you can always filter. My buddy filters everything through a plate filter and his kegs are sediment free when they blow out. I've watched him perform the filtering process and decided I just don't want to go there, but for the driven brewer, it is possible and the results are quite striking. The resulting beer is absolutely brilliant. And of course, no sediment in the kegs.

Rack it or filter, I haven't found any other solution. There are filters that go on the end of the out tube, but they are fairly coarse and only useful to keep hops and berry seeds from clogging the tube.

Latest posts

Back