2012 HBT Fantasy Baseball

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Hey john, got home from work for the draft but had been waiting for that trade to go through, it said on my page it would go through at 337 ET time but didnt go through til 430pm ET. I planned on keeping Felix hernandez cause I traded for him, can you fix that?

Not sure if who i traded with had the same prob with?

Glad that worked out, Carson. I probably couldn't have done anything.

Good draft everyone. Best of luck to y'all. Except when it comes to winning. All that luck belongs to me.

Yeah Malone, it must be like Christmas morning to you!

And Ray, what did you have in mind? I might be up for a friendly wager.

Hey I tried to search on ESPN but couldn't find the answer to my most basic question.

On the roster which players score points and which don't each week?

All players on roster not on bench or DL score.

Yes. Everyone that you field on your team and plays in real life that day has the potential to score you points, based upon their performance.

So if Joey Batts plays that day, you get whatever points he prodcues for you, so long as he's not on your bench or DL. Typically, you'll have the same position players out there. Where this becomes an issue is with your starting pitchers. If you have a starting pitcher on your bench, and it's his game to play, you won't get any of his points from that day.

I suppose it is too late to join in on this? I'm always looking for a good group to do a Fantasy Baseball Season with, an this would be a great place!

I suppose it is too late to join in on this? I'm always looking for a good group to do a Fantasy Baseball Season with, an this would be a great place!

We're all full now. If a team opens up midseason, we go through this thread for anyone who showed interest. If something opens, we'll be in touch.

I'm so excited for the 2012 MLB Season! Anyone else here subscribe to ESPN the magazine? Great baseball issue with Lincecum and Kershaw on the cover. I was at their 2nd to last pitching duel in SF this past september and it was a great game to say the least.

Oh by the way, I'll be debuting the HBT Fantasy Baseball Trophy in the next few weeks. It'll be sent to Ray(Dirty South Goose Boners) to keep for the season as reigning champ

Damn I wish there was an open slot! Is there enough interest for a second Triple A team? Lol

I'm so excited for the 2012 MLB Season! Anyone else here subscribe to ESPN the magazine? Great baseball issue with Lincecum and Kershaw on the cover. I was at their 2nd to last pitching duel in SF this past september and it was a great game to say the least.

Oh by the way, I'll be debuting the HBT Fantasy Baseball Trophy in the next few weeks. It'll be sent to Ray(Dirty South Goose Boners) to keep for the season as reigning champ

Sweet!!

Damn I wish there was an open slot! Is there enough interest for a second Triple A team? Lol

If I were you, I would read through this thread and contact the people who expressed interest. I would bet there are at least 4 others. You can probably start a new thread looking to fill a second league and get some interest for it.

Did you see what happened to the Arena Football League and the XFL?

Don't encourage him, Guidry.

I have created a fantasy league for this season at yahoo for anyone who is interested. Please send me a PM if you are interested. Due to the time it will be an Auto Pick draft based on your rankings sometime within the next couple of days.

This is not meant to compete with the official one, this is meant to be a for fun for anyone who may or may not be in the official HBT Fantasy League.

Thanks!
Rhuarc

Hey Rhuarc, I'd definitely be interested, but I'm already in four separate leagues this year. Good luck with it! You should also think about posting up a new thread. I'm sure you'll get some interested people. I'll bet most people ignore this thread now.

Great! I will send you the information later today when I get back home! The auto draft will probably happen on Monday.

Good afternoon folks. Season is now in full swing. My Mets are 4-0. WTF is going on???

Rays are lookin' good!

I have to admit, the ESPN Fantasy baseball is much less user friendly than Yahoo... might take me a couple weeks to get this one down...

Any way I can have one "team" set for say today, and then another for tomorrow, another for the next day, etc... without having to change the thing every morning? I just don't have time for that...

Rays are lookin' good!

I have to admit, the ESPN Fantasy baseball is much less user friendly than Yahoo... might take me a couple weeks to get this one down...

Any way I can have one "team" set for say today, and then another for tomorrow, another for the next day, etc... without having to change the thing every morning? I just don't have time for that...

Yes, you can. Set todays "team", then select the next day (date) in the "set your lineup" tab above the roster, then set that day's "team". Just dont forget to "submit" before you change pages.

Yes, you can. Set todays "team", then select the next day (date) in the "set your lineup" tab above the roster, then set that day's "team". Just dont forget to "submit" before you change pages.
Wow. OK, I swear I am not mentally impaired, lol.

Thanks for the tip... I was just looking in all the wrong places. :mug:

Now all I have to say is BRING IT ON! :D

Success is all relative. I've decided that my benchmark for success is to not lose every matchup.

So far still got something to aim for!

My "team" got spanked....By a Redsox fan at that!

Anyone know of a real high bridge, preferably over concrete, with low guardrails? :eek:

It was just a bit of beginners luck.

Is it really impossible to directly drop a player from the DL? Do I really have to drop another player to first activate the DL player and then drop said player?

Seems a bit unnecessary to me.

So you can drop players on the DL without having to drop others. It is in fact very simple, though not intuitive IMO.

Simply click on "Drop Players" which is immediately next to "Manage DL".

Dave

Two weeks of basically being "mercy ruled" and Bayou Brewers Front Office is pissed! Several FA movements made over Sunday morning coffee and management has issue a statement that ALL players are open for trade.... Exact word was "no trade clause is bull s___!"

Can we all be honest for a moment? The 'Untouchables' section is a crock. No one is truly untouchable. I can propose a trade for any player on that list that the owner would accept immediately. All the 'Untouchables' list is, is a list that requires a premium to be paid.

/endrant.

Guidry, I am always open to trade. Feel free to propose something and we'll see if we can work something out.

Dave

I actually forgot that the "Untouchables" list existed. I thought you were referring to the Undroppables list.

Man, I'm so annoyed with myself. I thought to myself that if my beloved Red Sox lost yesterday at least I had Floyd and Thornton on my fantasy team to ease the pain. Check the scores today and some idiot (me) had managed to bench both of them for the game and so had around 40 points on the bench. And then I go and lose the matchup by a margin of (can't remember but) less than 40! EDIT: Just checked and it was a little over 50 so I guess the mistake wouldn't have made any difference! EDIT 2: I just checked again and the margin is less than 10! I don't understand the scoring!

Lesson learned... or maybe not.

Man, I'm so annoyed with myself. I thought to myself that if my beloved Red Sox lost yesterday at least I had Floyd and Thornton on my fantasy team to ease the pain. Check the scores today and some idiot (me) had managed to bench both of them for the game and so had around 40 points on the bench. And then I go and lose the matchup by a margin of (can't remember but) less than 40! EDIT: Just checked and it was a little over 50 so I guess the mistake wouldn't have made any difference! EDIT 2: I just checked again and the margin is less than 10! I don't understand the scoring!

Lesson learned... or maybe not.

You played Bridge Town IPA, I believe. The reason that the number that you lost by is fluctuating so much is due to BT IPA streaming way too many Starting Pitchers.

Let's say that you have started 11 out of your 12 starts after Thursday and on Friday you start 3 pitchers. Obviously only 1 of those three can count, but ESPN hasn't shut down the SP slot from scoring points as you can still score with one pitcher. Thus for Friday it counts all 3 pitchers for the total, and then shuts down the slot for Saturday and Sunday, thereby allowing 14 starts, at least seemingly.

However, it appears that ESPN retroactively checks the stats at the end of the week and disallows the last two, chronologically, of the 14 starts. This is also applicable to the 64 games started for hitters as well.

So the final total isn't in until the wee hours (stateside) of the morning, Monday morning, which makes sense with the different numbers that you viewed.

Dave

Latest posts

Back