Fermentation Temperature

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Bogforce

Reaction score
My yeast seems to be done fermenting, I had the room at 68 degrees during that... Should I keep it at that 4 more weeks or lower or raise it??

I am not going to a secondary fermentation.. Yeast was SF-O5

how long has it been fermenting? i never pull beer off the primary yeast before 2 weeks; i usually wait at least 3. what kind of ale?

have you checked gravity or tasted at all? both of which will indicate which way you should go

Gravity hasn't changed for 3 days... Taste is meh right now, so I know it needs to go longer I just was wondering if I should change the temperature I am keeping it at

sg 1.060
fg 1.010

By now the flavor of the beer is determined by the temperature of the active ferment. I think that 68 is warm enough but if you have a place that is already warmer it won't hurt to move it there.

by the numbers you should be read to keg/bottle, but if it taste like there is some off flavors, bumping the temp up a couple degrees will help whats left of the active yeast clean the beer up. i dont ever like my ales to get above 71 F.

Back