Ft. Worth Brew pubs?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

SpeedyR

Reaction score
will be in Ft. Worth for a few days for an event (flying in tomorrow if the weather co-operates). and thought I'd ask here and see if anyone has any recommendations for good food/brew pubs downtown fort worth area? I won't have a car but don't mind walking and it looks like there's a trolley of some sort around downtown area.

have seen about Flying Saucer so will hit that up, but didn't know if there were other local recommendations for food or beers. Read about Brass Tap just have to figure out where it is. :)

Bearded Lady is a few blocks out of Downtown. I've never been because I'm poor, but their food and beer menu look amazing.

Map

Brewed is right around the corner from Bearded lady. It's a coffee house, really, but they will make an Espresso Stout right in front of your face. Simply one of the best pints I've ever had.

Map

Flying Saucer's a good bet. I haven't been to their new location, but the old one had a tap wall that brought me to tears. If you want really loud music with your good beer, check out Lola's Saloon. Or not. I go there to drink and pogo pretty often.

If you can get out of town, head to Weatherford and go to Antebellum Ale house. Great menu, great people. It's in a restored Civil War era boarding house, and is literally 1/2 a mile from my house.

The Bird Cafe is across the street from the Flying Saucer downtown. It's sister location in Dallas, The Meddlesome Moth, has received great reviews and has some of the most eclectic choice of harder to find beers.

Them and Flying Saucer are probably the only wide selection beer bars in downtown proper Fort Worth. If you can make it over to Magnolia Ave, there are a bunch of good places like Bearded Lady, Brewed, The Live Oak, Zio Carlo Brewpub, and The Boiled Owl.

might have to try to get over there some evening. I'm staying right around 199 and W Lancaster, so it doesn't look far. short uber ride, or see if any of my reps are interested in beer. :)

thanks for the tips, will post back when I try some out.

I've been to T&P tavern and a few other places but thought I'd plan something in advance this time.

You might want to try the 7th street pubs. One in particular, The Pour House, has a really good selection of beers as reasonable prices. Its a pub rather than a brew-pub.

You might want to try the 7th street pubs. One in particular, The Pour House, has a really good selection of beers as reasonable prices. Its a pub rather than a brew-pub.

+1 on the Pour House. If you want incredibly dumb clientele and a surly bartender that I've known since 5th grade, hit up Poag Mahone's while you're over there.

I think I know more about where to go in this town for a bad time than a good one. I need to run in better circles.

Back