Weldless Fittings?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

DustinHickey

Reaction score
Hi all,
I am tired of waiting for my emmersion chiller to do it's thing while I frantically swat at anything that moves over the pot. Because of this I want to upgrade to a counterflow chiller. I plan on doing 1 pass through the chiller to a sanitized bucket and then into a carboy ( for aeration purposes). To do this though I will need a pot with a spigot on it. Currently I have a 7.5 gal pot with no spigot. I am thinking of buying one of those 8 gal morebeer pots (triclad and all with spigot) but just don't feel like spending the money at the moment.

My question is if anyone else here has used the weldless spigots that can be bought. I have heard of a few reviews saything that they have a tendancy to leak and would hate to ruin the only pot I have trying to add a spigot. Please let me know if they are trustworthy enough for me to go ahead and do this thing.

Thanks,
Dustin Hickey

I use weldless fittings on my whole HERMS setup and I've never had a leak. As long as it's properly installed, you'll be fine.

As for your chiller issue...try making a lid for it. I built bulkheads into my keggle lid that allow me to attach my chiller to it. The copper "in" and "out" tubes go right through the lid so I can still keep the keggle covered.

Back