What should I make next?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

dave47

Reaction score
I've got one gallon of apple cider going now, and 5 gallons of Ed Wort's Apfelwein fermenting.

The next batch is going to be 5 gallons, but I ask, what are your opinions?
What I want:
-Between 5-7% abv
-Relatively sweet
-Carbonated or not, no preference.

I have only had what I have fermenting and what Hornsby's has to offer as far as cider goes, and I enjoy Hornsby's Crisp apple over their amber draft, and it is sweeter than the amber. I assume what I can make at home can be much better than either but that's what I've had and really like the stuff because its so easy to drink and actually tastes good too.

Any good recipes or general thoughts? Hell, anything as easy as cider to make, and I'm open to it.:cross:

dave47 said:
I've got one gallon of apple cider going now, and 5 gallons of Ed Wort's Apfelwein fermenting.

The next batch is going to be 5 gallons, but I ask, what are your opinions?
What I want:
-Between 5-7% abv
-Relatively sweet
-Carbonated or not, no preference.

I have only had what I have fermenting and what Hornsby's has to offer as far as cider goes, and I enjoy Hornsby's Crisp apple over their amber draft, and it is sweeter than the amber. I assume what I can make at home can be much better than either but that's what I've had and really like the stuff because its so easy to drink and actually tastes good too.

Any good recipes or general thoughts? Hell, anything as easy as cider to make, and I'm open to it.:cross:

Try making Ed Worts Apfelwein recipe, but use Wyeast 3068 liquid yeast instead of Montrachet. It should come out just about the way you wanted as you described above. Cheers!!:mug:

Back