A Sad Day at New Belgium Brewing...

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
A sad say, indeed.

I hate to ask, but can't help wondering if there are ethical concerns about whether or not they'll still brew with that particular truckload of malt.

david_42 said:
All too common in the mid-west. Loose grain is as bad as movie quicksand.

Combine that with the extreme flamability of the grain dust in the air and that makes for one heck of a dangerous working environment!

They don't actually say he died. Not to downplay the tragedy, but the article states that his condition was unknown as of last night.

I remember my grandpa let a bunch of us grandkids ride in the back in a dumping grain truck. It was a load of fun, but man was my mom pissed. That was a very slow dump into a very slow grain auger. I am sure the have a quick dump pit at New Belgium which would suck in a man fast. To bad no one just closed the back of the truck.

I hear about this with farmers harvesting corn. All you need is to accidentally let your foot in, and sure enough you're sucked in to your death.

Back