Perlick 525 question

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

Toecutter

Reaction score
Hi,

I just installed a pair of Perlick 525's. Nice product. They seem to be much smoother, but I'm concerned as the top nut that the handle attaches to does not seat completely down on the mating nut, and the tap handle rotates360 dg. tried to find a way to tighten it down, but it appears to be made this way. This smoothness will lend itself to accidently leaving the faucet in the open position. for anyone who has these, is this normal ??

Yes the handle should spin freely, it's attached to a ball which acts as the valve. Moving the handle up or down moves the ball into or out of position to block the flow.

i will be attaching my 525's soon but the plastic tap handles that came with them also came with a rubber gasket of some sort not sure where it goes or if its even necessary. anyone know what to do with this thing

Hmm I just got 3 525's with the cheap black plastic handles but mine did not come with any extra gaskets like you mention. The only gaskets I got that were not already part of the faucet go between the tailpiece and shank.

ok so i wouldn't need to use that gasket as my faucets will hook up directly to the tower which already came with the shanks assembled? right? i have no idea about faucets as this is my first keg system

I have a gasket in the faucet where the shank goes but that's it. Look in the back of your faucet and it should already be there. I just got 525's for xmas and they plugged right in.

Is that gasket supposed to fit in there?
IMG_20101230_141129.jpg

hmmm....that's a whole lot bigger than what I had. Mine was just a little o-ring basically. Don't know what that sucker's for.

I could be wrong here, but that sure looks like the gasket that goes between the beerline and shank.

edit - let me pull my faucet off and check back...

I don't own a perlick (hope to upgrade soon) but it seems there should be a o ring on the outside ring of the faucet side not the tap side. but I could be wrong.

edit- on second look not sure this is right at all

ok, just pulled the faucet and like moosetav said its a thin o-ring type washer. that looks like the washer that fits inside the large nut where the beer line screws into the shank, but I have a fridge setup, not a tower. don't know if its the same

Thanks for the help everyone! As long as the o-ring washer thingy dosent go between the faucet and tower then I think I should be ok. the tower came pre assembled so I asuming it was done correctly and the top of my tower doesn't come off so I can't look inside unless I take the towere off the fridge and I don't want to do that. Sorry for hijacking this thread my anxeity kicks in when I have "extra parts" when I put things together.

the top of my tower doesn't come off so I can't look inside unless I take the towere off the fridge and I don't want to do that..

I would . when I took my kegging kit out of the box those washers fell right out. they go inside of the large nut on the back side of the shank (probably on the inside of the tower?) and without them I'd bet things could get messy

Is that gasket supposed to fit in there?
IMG_20101230_141129.jpg

that washer is for your swivel beer line that attached to a collar type shank. It's not used at all in the faucet assembly.

I ordered a kegging kit from KegCowboy and they pre-assembled every thing and those washers were in between my beer line swivel and my 4.5" shanks.

-=Jason=-

that washer is for your swivel beer line that attached to a collar type shank. It's not used at all in the faucet assembly.

I ordered a kegging kit from KegCowboy and they pre-assembled every thing and those washers were in between my beer line swivel and my 4.5" shanks.

-=Jason=-

Do the top caps come off of your towers?

and the top of my tower doesn't come off so I can't look inside unless I take the towere off the fridge and I don't want to do that.

Are you sure it doesn't come off? I can't imagine how in the world a faucet could be assembled into a tower without access. How do they expect you to service the faucets and lines?

So I took my tower off and slightly tapped off the top cap and this is what I found. Now please if this gasket needs to go somewhere please be specific as to where it goes as I am alittle slow when it comes to this stuff. And again thanks so much as I am hoping to have the beer flowing tonight to bring in the new year.

IMG_20101231_114610.jpg

my perlick shanks are a bit different (fridge set up) but that washer on mine would be where the brass nut attaches to the shank. the washer should fit on the inside of one of those unless you got an extra one. I'd check to be safe

I'm about to buy a perlick 525ss faucet as well. From the sounds of it they are the best faucets you can get. Has anyone solved the handle turning issue? If it's even an issue at all? Just don't want my tap handles to rotate.

that washer pictured above goes exactly where superjunior's photo is.

where the clear tubing and swivel nut meets the shank. the washer goes inbetween the two parts. it has absolutely NOTHING TO DO WITH THE FAUCET OR TOWER SHANK AT ALL.

it's only used if you are using the long 4.5" shanks and swivel nut attached to the end of your beer tubing.

-=jason=-

Back