Keg taken off CO2 and returned to room temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

JWS

Reaction score
Getting ready to redo my keezer into a kegerator and while doing this I will have to take the kegs off the CO2 to mount all the hardware up into the new Kegerator. Possibly at longest maybe a week to get everything done.

Wondering if this mess the current beer up if I were to take it off the CO2 for possibly a few days and if I can't work keeping them cool enough, might have to keep the kegs at about a 68 degree room for the while.

Will this hurt the beer in the kegs to do this?

if you have a bottle of beer in the fridge, then take it out and leave it on the counter for a few days, does it go bad? nope

a keg is just a big beer bottle.

What pressure should I store it at? I had it in the Keezer at 40 at 11 PSI, do I need to worry about what pressure it is at once it gets to room temp for the storage?

What pressure should I store it at? I had it in the Keezer at 40 at 11 PSI, do I need to worry about what pressure it is at once it gets to room temp for the storage?

As long as the kegs are gas-tight, and you aren't going to pour a few pints while they're out o' the keezer, you don't need to do anything to them...

Cheers!

Back