group buy perlick 425ss faucets

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Got mine yesterday, they look awesome and work as expected, I had to have several celebratory pints of Indian Brown Ale. Thanks for getting this done!

As the other thread for the next group buy was shut down. I'll post the info for someone to pick up in the future. Just be sure to sumbit your application to the mods prior to organizing or you may be shut down.:rolleyes:

Taps ordered from Rapids wholesale in quanities greater than 20 units are about 23.75 shipped to my house (32308) from there
1-3 taps(small falte rate box 4.99+7.5%sales tax)
4-14 tapps (medium box 11.95+7.5% sales tax)
paypal fee is 2.9% plus $0.30 per payment
t=number of taps
(T*23.75)+ approprite shipping)*1.029+0.30)= Totall price shipped to buyers door including paypal fee

Perlick will not sell directly to you unless you intend to buy a Hell of a lot more than faucets "faucets are not a primary product line for us account for less than 5% of our sales" so your back to using rapids or another whole saler.

This is about all I can think of. A word to buyers I would not paypal anyone that does not have a confirmed paypal aco**** with a least one sucessfull transaction rating.

with a good spreadsheet this is easy as hell to keep track of and USPS will provide all the shipping supplies for flat rate postage.

Good luck. and sorry about the spelling...... :mug:

As the other thread for the next group buy was shut down. I'll post the info for someone to pick up in the future. Just be sure to sumbit your application to the mods prior to organizing or you may be shut down.:rolleyes:

Taps ordered from Rapids wholesale in quanities greater than 20 units are about 23.75 shipped to my house (32308) from there
1-3 taps(small falte rate box 4.99+7.5%sales tax)
4-14 tapps (medium box 11.95+7.5% sales tax)
paypal fee is 2.9% plus $0.30 per payment
t=number of taps
(T*23.75)+ approprite shipping)*1.029+0.30)= Totall price shipped to buyers door including paypal fee

Perlick will not sell directly to you unless you intend to buy a Hell of a lot more than faucets "faucets are not a primary product line for us account for less than 5% of our sales" so your back to using rapids or another whole saler.

This is about all I can think of. A word to buyers I would not paypal anyone that does not have a confirmed paypal aco**** with a least one sucessfull transaction rating.

with a good spreadsheet this is easy as hell to keep track of and USPS will provide all the shipping supplies for flat rate postage.

Good luck. and sorry about the spelling...... :mug:

Our main concern as mods is that folks are organizing group buys. Members need to be aware to the same fact as confirmed paypal accounts that here they are dealing with an anonymous person who has been a member for a couple of months or less. It's no different than sending your money to a non-confirmed paypal account since you are not supporting member (i.e. the forum Admin knows who you are and where to reach you) and you have not been around very along at all.

You may be perfectly legit and that's great, but members need to know who they are dealing with when they are sending money.

I understand and acknowledge your point.

I am a little unclear here, by your statement "since you are not supporting member" Does this mean unless someone is a paying member they may not organize a group buy?

As a non-paying member of HBT, you have nearly complete anonymity; therefore you may be more likely to organize a scam. A very new member is even more subject to scrutiny. It's not a personal slight, just a matter of fact.

I understand and acknowledge your point.

I am a little unclear here, by your statement "since you are not supporting member" Does this mean unless someone is a paying member they may not organize a group buy?

What Yuri said.

Heck, thanks to HBT.com, I've actually made a little cash from old equipment. Between that, and all of the learning resources on here, is it really too much to throw some cash we would have spent anyways without a bulk order?

EDIT: Also, when you become a premium or otherwise member, you pay via paypal. With that, they can confirm your account, especially when you get your decal, etc. etc.

I do have to give you credit for a great idea though. I just put together my own group buy with local brewers and we are up to 27 faucets. I'm not dealing with repacking and shipping and I needed 8 myself, so thanks for the tip.

I do have to give you credit for a great idea though. I just put together my own group buy with local brewers and we are up to 27 faucets. I'm not dealing with repacking and shipping and I needed 8 myself, so thanks for the tip.

I hope to one day have the space to have 8 frosty beverages on tap. provided the SWMBO is on board.

Out of curiosity, of those who have 525SS faucets who has faucets with the Perlick P engraved and who has them with it painted on?

I got 2 painted and 1 engraved in the order, but they all seem to be the same faucet otherwise.

A picture to show what I mean:

mailgooglecom.jpg

boy o boy cant wait to get mine, tulsa, acworth GA, MA, whens friggen TN gonna get here cant wait :)

No kidding, I am in KY. Although, I think the postman tried to deliver yesterday and left the sig card for me to sign. Hopefully he will leave them today.

everyone except two are showing as delivered in USPS system. the boxes have made it to the city's but it doesn't say delivered like the others.

Is someone organizing another group buy for these because I need 6 and $23.75 is waaaay better than the $39 I'm finding on other sites?

I sent a PM,

But just wondering if any of these are left over. I could use two.

sorry man all i ordered were spoken fore. I had to refund many folks due to low quantities. if you can find them snatch the up as it will be the end of june before perlick has any and i bought all rapids had.

Just received mine. Two have the painted "P" and two are engraved. If someone wants to trade so they can have all the same I am up for it. I don't care if it is painted or engraved, just want them to match.

Thanks Garrett, I appreciate all the effort on this.

Well as my luck would have, I find this thread a few months too late. If anybody else is considering putting a mass order from Rapids together, I'd be down for ordering 4 of the 525SS faucets. I'm still in the early stages moving towards kegging, so I can wait a few months before purchasing if need be. Just thought I would throw it out there if anybody is looking to purchase some soon.

I'd be interested in 2-4 of the 525SS faucets if there's a group buy. Working on getting all my equipment and a fridge. I already have 2 Stout faucets which I'm going to remove the restrictor plate until I get beer gas. CO2 system is priority.

Probably be best to start a new thread instead of bumping this one from months ago, but group buys are the way to go, save tons of money on those pretty perlicks.

I could use two of these as well. who wants to organize this thing?

also, what is the difference between the 525 and teh 575?

For all considering purchasing, I moved this new buy to it's own thread: here.

575SS: Stainless steel beer faucet with push-back creamer feature to add foam

I don't know how/why this adds extra foam, assuming carbonation is correct in the first place and get a pour with a good head, but it doesn't sound like a function I'd want.

I plan on going with the 525SS.

Latest posts

Back