Lme and crushed grain

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

silverbullet07

Reaction score
I was wondering if I order LME and crushed grains, will it be alright to hold it for a month before brewing with it. I'm not ready to brew a new batch yet and the store is having a 10% off sale.

I was wondering if I order LME and crushed grains, will it be alright to hold it for a month before brewing with it. I'm not ready to brew a new batch yet and the store is having a 10% off sale.

Yes. Keep them cool and you should be fine. Many of the homebrew stores seal the grain up in plastic bags, and that's even better. If they don't, put them in ziploc bags when you get them and either keep cool and dry or freeze. The LME would be best in the fridge if it comes in a little bucket. You could even pour a tiny bit of vodka on top of the LME once it's been opened to help keep it longer.

Yet another use for cheap grocery store vodka!:D I like how midwest put my grains in this heavy plastic bag (clear)& sealed with a zip tie. I put that 5lb bag of grains in the fridge with the briesse LME for a solid month before brewing the pm kit. Hopps in the freezer in a zip lock freezer bag. Saving the crush for brew day def helps the freshness factor on the grains from my 1st experience with pm.

Latest posts

Back