Conditioning in the fridge vs Room Temp

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bass-a-roo

Reaction score
i racked my (malty) cider (SG reading 1.011) from a carboy into plastic AJ jugs and then cold crashed in the fridge to preserve some of the natural sugars and hopefully retain more apple flavor. The cider has been sitting in the fridge for 2 weeks now; should i leave it there to condition or should i let it sit at room temperature to condition? would either one of those choices necessitate racking into new containers? Thanks for your help.

Questions like this are more personal preference. If you've already cold crashed it, I would recommend bottling the hard cider. Regardless of whether or not you leave it in the fridge or set it out in room temperature, you should definately transfer it over to a new vessel. After cold crashing there will be flocculation and it's best to let lees settle on the bottom (or float to the surface) then rack the hard cider off of them.

Latest posts

Back