The Dysfunctional-Palooza Obnoxious Masshole BS Thread

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.
Seriously, why the heck don't surfing and diving wet suits come in distinctly non-shark-food colors?

I think they do, but sharks may be color blind, and may sense a lot with other than sight. Still, I get your point, seems like common sense, but sadly, that is not as common as we had hoped, and probably never was.

Of course, only the sharks know what they see, we can only hypothesize.

Google Fu indicates the cones in sharks eyes are not pigment specific so they basically see the world in shades of gray.
Fine. Make dive/surf suits in outrageous geometric patterns instead of the current "seal skin" imitation...

I certainly wouldn't swim hundreds of yards off a beach, just on principle.

Aaaanyway...Price (0 for career 9 playoff starts) indeed birthed a cow on the mound and things never got square again.
Hopefully this series doesn't end in the Bronx...

Well no I am not a fella at all. I hope you start getting out socializing more.

My apologies.

.. and yes,.. "all work and no play makes Jack a dull boy". Maybe I can retire or take a vacate some day, and all of America, sprawling out in its grandeur,... strip malls, filthy cities, bedroom communities and trailer parks will mine to explore..

Used my day off today to make a batch of some kind of americanish ale, with 12.5% malted rye instead of corn, after I rest my back, got to clean up the brew dishes. It was hazardous out there today, acorns falling all around.

Hate those prehistoric looking bugs and that sick vanilla-ish smell when you crush one by accident.
A few years ago we had an epic bloom of the wee bastids then the next couple of years hardly any.
This fall they've been all over the south side of the house just waiting for someone to go out on the deck.

Aaanyway...Sox are beyotch-smacking the Yankees tonight. Way more entertaining than the lame football game...

Cheers! (and Go Bull Pen!)

"You never know what you're going to get"

Witnessed history as Brock Holt (clearly should have been a pro bull rider) hits for the first cycle in an MLB playoff game.
Pretty cool for him, rare stuff to tell his grandkids :)

Gotta be happy about Eovaldi's performance, the pitching transfusion they needed - STAT!....

[edit] Speaking of stats...
"The 15-run margin is the largest victory by a road team in postseason history, the largest loss for the Yankees in the playoffs, and the second-largest playoff win for Boston, which also holds the record with a 23-7 victory over Cleveland in Game 4 of the 1999 ALDS."

So, all in all a pretty good day :D

[edit2] Cora pre-game comment after announcing the revamped line up: “I would like to see fireworks."

Spooky...

Last edited:
"We're On To Houston" :ban::ban::ban:

If I never see Kimbrel on the mound again it will be way too soon.
Sheesh. That ninth inning was Cardiac City all up in here :drunk:

The entire Red Sox Nation was thinking the same thing.
The bullpen has been a constant source of angst of late, and Kimbrel tops them all.
I cannot remember a 1-2-3 close this season...

Seemed longer ;)

merlin_145102173_bcd42606-6e41-4cea-a7f6-d5aad152b453-superJumbo.jpg

act like you've been there...Jesus. Who celebrates making it to the ALCS?

Now that’s some funny **** right there. The guy from Oregon telling the guys from Boston to ‘act like your team has won a championship before.’

Hey Hoppy, how many Championship trophies have headed up to the PNW in the past twenty years?

Now that’s some funny **** right there. The guy from Oregon telling the guys from Boston to ‘act like your team has won a championship before.’

Hey Hoppy, how many Championship trophies have headed up to the PNW in the past twenty years?

Hoppy knows all about celebrating championships. Hell, he was a Cowboys fan in the mid-1990s, and started rooting for the Yankees in 1998!

To add some non-sequitur to this sports stuff.., my gal got tired of me cranking '90s girl punk like the muffs, or our our locals, letters to cleo.. so I find the box of cassettes I made on hifi deck off the "boon dan barn dance" back in the early 90's,WRIU out of Providence, alt and old time classic country & rock.

Yeah, I still got a real stereo.

Do you realize how many great music stations in SE MA been put off the air by competing NPR expansions? A lot of good ones. And I 'm OK with NPR, but on all FM lower frequencies? All the old college music stations are gone.

On a beer related note, the rye ales have been making are starting to taste very good, even though still green.

palooza on...

MVY still plays ‘Soap free, bra free, testicle free, tree huggin’ Dali Lama adorin’, Prius drivin’, Pocahontas worshiping, Chapaquidick coverupin’ Earth warming, strident dbag alt bands, all while advertising Mad Marthas ice cream and the ‘Black Dogs Mater’ Overpriced Cafe ads 24/7.

Only now you appear to have to pony up $24.99/month for the privilege if you live outside their 10K watt footprint.

Get off my lawn!

Last edited:

Just saying too much jerking over a ALCS appearance for such an accomplished championship town. Jeez, calm yer tits.

MVY still plays ‘Soap free, bra free, testicle free, tree huggin’ Dali Lama adorin’, Prius drivin’, Pocahontas worshiping, Chapaquidick coverupin’ Earth warming, strident dbag alt bands, all while advertising Mad Marthas ice cream and the ‘Black Dogs Mater’ Overpriced Cafe ads 24/7.

Only now you appear to have to pony up $24.99/month for the privilege if you live outside their 10K watt footprint.

Get off my lawn!

If you like "classic baby boomer, soft, a little quirky" I guess MVY is OK, hard pressed to hear anything on there you have not heard 100 times before, or anything alt post 80's, no punk or real rockin. If I want to listen to dusty old stuff, I'll hit my own vinyl stacks.

I'll leave you alone for a while, keep them chains from clanking as you take your seats and enjoy your playoff show.

Latest posts

Back