Two questions

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

bubbachunk

Reaction score
1. What is the best cyser recipe you have used and a link please?

2. I was in New Mexico last week and bought some summer blend honey but only could get 6#. It is described and robust. I will post a pic of it:

SANY0135.jpg

Easily the darkest I have even had and cant quite describe the taste. It is a blend of saltcedar, late-blooming mesquite and tornillo flowers. What may be the best to do with this honey? I am open to any suggestions.

Thanks in advance!

I have never used it, but SS has a very nice looking recipe for a Chai Cyser.

Very interesting honey! As I've heard, dark honeys take awhile to mature in meads. With such a unique style of honey I would probably make a show mead out of it... unless you are not partial to the flavor of the honey.

I think you could use this honey in anything you'd use mesquite honey in; I'll bet that's what makes up the majority of the source for this honey. I'll have to say +1 to making a show mead from it; but you make what YOU like from it. Regards, GF.

Be aware that dark honey generally means a very "robust" flavor profile that may take a long time to integrate. My suggestion would be to use it as 10%-25% of your total honey volume combined with a much lighter honey. Why not dip a finger in it and see how you like it?

Latest posts

Back