Reversing Air Flow on 4-way CO2 Manifold?

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

NCGrayson

Reaction score
has anybody ever done this? It seems like it would be extremely straightforward, but i'm sitting at the office at the moment and dont have my manifold in front of me to inspect. I'm building my keezer and have everything mapped out, but the air flow direction on my manifold looks like the one in this picture, but i need to switch it so I can have gas coming in from the left side.

CO2_manifold_4_B_no_tape__17672.1346423605.1280.1280.jpg

it seems like i should just be able to clamp it in a vice and unscrew the barb and the plug at the end and just reverse them no?

it seems like i should just be able to clamp it in a vice and unscrew the barb and the plug at the end and just reverse them no?

Yep, all the passages are connected. Can put source to any orifice, including the bottom.

Yep, all the passages are connected. Can put source to any orifice, including the bottom.

good to know....Thanks! have you ever done this? I have access to a bench-top vice, but not my own. this might give me an excuse to buy one...

You can just remove the plug on left side and switch with barb from right side. Just use some teflon tape and tighten 'em up. There is a chance that the shutoff valves have check valves so gas only goes 1 way.

I've had to swap end pieces on two manifolds of that style. No big deal, especially if they came taped instead of glued (both of mine came glued and my bench vise did come in handy to break the fittings loose)...

Cheers!

Back