Homer Simpsons' Duff Beer goes on sale in the UK

Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum

Help Support Homebrew Talk - Beer, Wine, Mead, & Cider Brewing Discussion Forum:

This site may earn a commission from merchant affiliate links, including eBay, Amazon, and others.

macsyrinx

Reaction score
http://www.tntmagazine.com/news/weird/homer-simpsons-duff-beer-goes-on-sale-in-the-uk

Homer’s favourite tipple, served by Moe the bartender in the long-running cartoon comedy series The Simpsons can now be bought by keen boozers in the UK.

duff_beer_can.jpg

Yeah they sell Duff energy drinks at the Kwik-E-Mart in Universal Studios...no beer. :(

Maybe they will start selling this stuff, although I won't get my hopes up.

Or whatever Homer gave to the Swedish guy and made him say "ooh, don't that glug down good then."

Ehh, I'm more partial to Skittlebräu or Red Tick Ale.

Man, I absolutely loved the Simpsons back in the 90's. It's really a tragedy what happened with that show, the next generation will only know it in the terrible shape it's in now.

JonM said:
Or whatever Homer gave to the Swedish guy and made him say "ooh, don't that glug down good then."

Lemonade - A lemon version of barleyade

Also the episode where homer was drunkened by the intoxicating liquor aquavit

DuffMan wants to party down with the man who sent in 10,000 Duff labels to bring me here today!!! I've got a bottomless mug of new Duff Extra Cold for Barney Gumbel!!!!

I swear there was some guy down in South America that tried to sell his own Duff beer way back but then the Simpsons creators sued him. Guess that inspired them ...

Edit - Actually I found an article on it in the LA Times. I'm on my cell, so it's hard to copy/paste. Sounds like they may have settled out of court.

Duff Brewery New Zealand even had the brand before Fox stole it by threatening lawsuit:p

Looks like quite a few brewers dont recognice Fox as having exclusive rights to the name

When I was in Argentina they thought most americans where miniature homers, this surely will not help the cause. Still funny though, I would like to try it.

JonM said:
DuffMan wants to party down with the man who sent in 10,000 Duff labels to bring me here today!!! I've got a bottomless mug of new Duff Extra Cold for Barney Gumbel!!!!

Is it bad that I read this to myself in the DuffMan voice?

Homer Simpson: I'm feeling kind of low, Apu. Got any of that beer that has candy floating in it? You know, Skittlebrau.
Apu: Such a product does not exist, sir. I think you must have dreamed it.
Homer Simpson: Oh ... well, then just give me a six-pack and a couple of bags of Skittles.

I miss the days when the Simpsons were good.

Man, I absolutely loved the Simpsons back in the 90's. It's really a tragedy what happened with that show, the next generation will only know it in the terrible shape it's in now.

Uh, the next generation can, and will, watch ALL of the episodes streaming an on DVD.

I know, because my kids already have.

Generally they like Futurama better, and I have to agree with them. Even the Simpsons at their best were not much funnier than the average Futurama IMO.

Uh, the next generation can, and will, watch ALL of the episodes streaming an on DVD.

I know, because my kids already have.

Generally they like Futurama better, and I have to agree with them. Even the Simpsons at their best were not much funnier than the average Futurama IMO.

No way!

I bought a six pack of Duff when I was in Germany a year and a half ago. It was alright, better than I thought it would be. To be fair I had already had quite a lot of beer at that point, hence why I was at the gas station buying Duff beer.

Futurama is funny? That's news to me. :D

MC

Dr. Zoidberg: Now open your mouth and lets have a look at that brain.
Dr. Zoidberg: No, no, not that mouth.
Fry: I only have one.
Dr. Zoidberg: Really?
Fry: Uh... is there a human doctor around?
Dr. Zoidberg: Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!
Fry: Uh... brglgrglgrglgrrr!
Dr. Zoidberg: What? My mother was a saint! Get out!

weirdboy said:
Dr. Zoidberg: Now open your mouth and lets have a look at that brain.
Dr. Zoidberg: No, no, not that mouth.
Fry: I only have one.
Dr. Zoidberg: Really?
Fry: Uh... is there a human doctor around?
Dr. Zoidberg: Young lady, I am an expert on humans. Now pick a mouth, open it and say "brglgrglgrrr"!
Fry: Uh... brglgrglgrglgrrr!
Dr. Zoidberg: What? My mother was a saint! Get out!

Terrible.

people who dont liek futurama just haven't takin the time to watch it thinking its just a simpsons ripoff.. i know because i was one of those people. untill i actually watched a full episode and realized its 3 times funnier then the simpsons ever could be.. much more adult oriented to

Oh good God I love Futurama!!! I also love the Simpsons but there is something special about Futurama, even though it came second to the Simpsons.

Inspector opens Bender's locker. It's empty except for a single hex nut. She picks it up and glares at Bender. Bender looks down and says, in an embarrassed tone, "Sometimes a guy gets lonely."

I love Futurama. The Simpsons was loved by me almost 2 decades ago. It's outdated and not funny anymore. With that being typed, I'd love to try Duff and would keep at least one bottle unopened for a collector's piece.

Oh good God I love Futurama!!! I also love the Simpsons but there is something special about Futurama, even though it came second to the Simpsons.

It has limitless possibilities and potential and they use it to make it absurdly funny.

Dwight: I heard alcohol makes you stupid.
Fry: No I'm ... doesn't.

It's been on sale in Ireland for the last 3 years. It is nothing to shout about.

Back